em photo quiz( occasional series)

• 1 month later...

teenager playing with pellet gun(likely actually shooting them AT his friends and taking fire in return) presents with puncture wound above R eye. no visual changes, no loc, no n/v, no palpable FB. nl exam other than puncture wound. This is the scout film of a facial CT.

Hard to see on my phone, but it's either there or a piercing. Could it have rolled into the orbit? Exactly how far above the eye?

• 3 months later...

54b yr old male patient with abdominal pain. name the finding on this upright abd xray and the corresponding diagnosis it suggests.

6 hours and no bites, so I'll try. Though I'm still working on my rads skills. Perhaps pneumatosis indicating infarcted bowel, likely the case here if I'm right, or necrotizing enterocolitis in a neonate.

6 hours and no bites, so I'll try. Though I'm still working on my rads skills. Perhaps pneumatosis indicating infarcted bowel, likely the case here if I'm right, or necrotizing enterocolitis in a neonate.

it's a "string of pearls sign" suggestive of bowel obstruction. (see how the loops look like a necklace?)

The S/S lead me to pneumonia. I am not super experienced with xrays but is that a mass in the left lung or just a high area of consolidation?

Look forward to the conclusion and learning from it.

Mike

yup, big tumor with associated pneumonia. smoker for many years. admitted to ICU from fast track...

• 1 month later...