Over the character limit...

I have trimmed my PS down ( I am 300 characters over), I am deciding where to trim without losing anything good. I haven't written a paper in years. I know double space after a period is preferred, but if I cut it to single spaces after a period to conserve characters will it look bad/illiterate/tacky?

I am sure people have asked this question before, but I thought I would ask. Thank you in advance!

I have trimmed my PS down ( I am 300 characters over), I am deciding where to trim without losing anything good. I haven't written a paper in years. I know double space after a period is preferred, but if I cut it to single spaces after a period to conserve characters will it look bad/illiterate/tacky?

I am sure people have asked this question before, but I thought I would ask. Thank you in advance!

I guess I am living in the old pre-historic days, because before this I thought two spaces was the only way. I also found it online where one space is the new and correct way, but I just wanted to check.

I think I finally have it trimmed down to the acceptable character limit.

Thank you for your help!

hi guys

just to make sure, on caspa, it says the limits is 5000 characters, which is about 625 words according to caspa. but i have 650 words on my word document. when i copied and pasted that onto caspa, the characters count is only about 3880. am i missing something? or 5000 characters does not equal to about 625 words?

thank you for your answers

hi guys

just to make sure, on caspa, it says the limits is 5000 characters, which is about 625 words according to caspa. but i have 650 words on my word document. when i copied and pasted that onto caspa, the characters count is only about 3880. am i missing something? or 5000 characters does not equal to about 625 words?

thank you for your answers

5000 characters is roughly 625, but it can be more (or less) depending on the length of words and the punctuation you use. When you are in Microsoft Word, go to "Tools" and then "Word Count"--> this should be near 5000, although CASPA's word count was a bit more in my case. Good luck!

5000 characters is roughly 625, but it can be more (or less) depending on the length of words and the punctuation you use. When you are in Microsoft Word, go to "Tools" and then "Word Count"--> this should be near 5000, although CASPA's word count was a bit more in my case. Good luck!

yeah, its true... its not that its a thing of the past, its that it never was a thing to begin with and people are just now catching on. notice that microsoft word doesnt catch it? wonder why?

So you're telling me that teachers were lying to me year after year after year? :sadface: How can I go on living after finding out my education was a sham?

yeah, its true... its not that its a thing of the past, its that it never was a thing to begin with and people are just now catching on. notice that microsoft word doesnt catch it? wonder why?

So you're telling me that teachers were lying to me year after year after year? :sadface: How can I go on living after finding out my education was a sham?

Two spaces was before word processing....back in the typewriter days. It was used for readability. I was taught that way too (I'm only 33, but I guess its old enough). Word processors automatically place a slightly larger space between sentences, so it is no longer necessary. So, you were not taught incorrectly- times just changed. I still do it all the time out of habit and had to go back and change it in CASPA.

Two spaces was before word processing....back in the typewriter days. It was used for readability. I was taught that way too (I'm only 33, but I guess its old enough). Word processors automatically place a slightly larger space between sentences, so it is no longer necessary. So, you were not taught incorrectly- times just changed. I still do it all the time out of habit and had to go back and change it in CASPA.

Archived