Interview 8/16/11 !! Any advice?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I was ACCEPTED to DMU's PA Program! yahoo!!! I submitted my CASPA app in May, was called for an interview in July, had my interview 8/16 and they called me 8/29 telling me I have been accepted! So excited! Sent in my seat deposit and papers. Can't wait until June!

Congrats!!!!!! What was the interview like? How did the interview process go?

The interview was really laid back. They try to make you feel as comfortable as possible. The day lasted from 8 am to 2 pm. At the beginning you are in a big room with the other applicants and admission staff. You go over information about the program and financial aid. Then interviews begin at 10:45, and depending where you are on the interview list you can be done with your interviews as early as 11:30 or not be done until 2:30pm. . There are two back to back interviews, each 20 minutes long. Depending on when your interview is, you may go on a tour before or after. You also eat lunch with second year students. All in all it was a great day!

• 4 weeks later...

DMU received my app from CASPA on July 11. My GRE was already there. I received a phone call on August 26th to offer an interview. My interview is October 18th. I am a 40 yr old undergrad at The University of Iowa - and I am on their waiting list, just as I figured I would be. DMU is my first choice school, so I am praying for an amazing interview and then an offer by Nov 1st!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I am for sure going to DMU next year! :) It was my top choice and I sent in the seat deposit as fast as I could.

The DMU interview is very relaxed, and it is not a group interview! There are two back to back interviews, in each one there are two PA faculty and both interviews last about 20 minutes. They really try to make you feel comfortable and it isn't an interrogative interview.. it is more like a getting to know you session. I would just try your best to be yourself and to be relaxed. Be funny if you can, I made them laugh a couple times and it put both parties at ease I think. I felt very comfortable and had a very good feeling afterwards.

Don't second guess yourself when it comes to your answers and be sure to practice with someone else before the interview. Also, remember they are watching you throughout the whole day so remember to always be on your best behavior :)

Goodluck! Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Oh that is good to hear they are individual. The group dynamic was a bit impersonal. Thank you for your advice! It is so hard to relax, but I know that will help the most. And congrats on getting accepted, I'm sure that's the best feeling! I'll let you know if I have any questions as it gets closer :)

Guest ttbrook

For those of you who have interviewed there...what's it like? What types of questions or any tips on preparing? My interview is Nov. 15. I'm excited!

The questions are pretty typical interview questions, it is more like a get to know you session than an interrogative interview. Look at Student Doctor Network for examples of interview questions. I don't even think I got a "why do you want to be a PA?" type question, they wanted to know more about my life experiences..

The day itself is very laid back and they try to make you feel as comfortable as possible. Just be confident in your answers and don't second guess yourself!

Archived