Headhunter Experiences

Hi Forum:

Just wanted to hear if any of you have ever had a bad experience with headhunters trying to push a job offer on you? I recently had that experience. Didn't feel as though the place I interviewed was quite right for me and declined the offer. Then was called/emailed asking what was wrong with the position, what can be renegotiated, etc.? Also, was told some comments that made me feel that I'll never get anywhere else if I didn't accept that offer. What are anyone elses horror stories? You may send me a private message if you wish. Thanks!

Guest TerryF

My son-in-law's father is a medical sales headhunter. He is a neat fellow. I get the idea from him if their candidates are not exceptional, they lose respect and prospective employers/employees. Lying and threatening are not being up front or being business-like. I think I would look on down the road.

TerryF

well, i'm trying to get into family practice and this person made it seem like if i didn't accept this one position that i'd be screwed for life and stuck in what i'm doing now. i dunno, he made me feel like a low-life, not knowledgable, and degraded with some of his comments. i've moved on from that one...

well, i'm trying to get into family practice and this person made it seem like if i didn't accept this one position that i'd be screwed for life and stuck in what i'm doing now. i dunno, he made me feel like a low-life, not knowledgable, and degraded with some of his comments. i've moved on from that one...

Archived