HIPAA Violation?

Examples of HIPAA violation vs non-HIPPA violation ways of telling a story (ALL OF THIS IS MADE UP-there are NO ACTUAL VIOLATIONS HERE)

HIPAA violation way: (violation bits underlined)

One call that influenced my decision to become a PA was Mrs. Daniella Masterson (using full name/ real name etc) who was living at Sunny Valley Retirement Home in Seattle WA (too specific on the location) She had lead a long and colorful life and is a well known author of children's books (more identifying information) but when she was confronted with a diagnosis of CHF this bright and intelligent woman became terrified and confused. One of the most gratifying things I ever participated in as a healthcare provider was educating her about her condition and why her doctors had prescribed the medications she was on and how she could help herself feel better. She is currently living a full life and even wrote "My Pet Bunny Under The Bed (beating a dead horse here) since her diagnosis.

Non-HIPAA violation way:

One call that influenced my decision to become a PA was Mrs D. who was living at a local retirement home. She had lead a long and colorful life and is brilliant in her field, but when she was confronted with a diagnosis of CHF this bright and intelligent woman became terrified and confused. One of the most gratifying things I ever participated in as a healthcare provider was educating her about her condition and why her doctors had prescribed the medications she was on and how she could help herself feel better. She is currently living a full life and has continued with her life work since her diagnosis.

Clear??

ETA: I think the rash of pre-PA's showing up w/ the PA tag is because the registration defaults to PA... since most new peeps are pre maybe it could default to pre???

ETA: I think the rash of pre-PA's showing up w/ the PA tag is because the registration defaults to PA... since most new peeps are pre maybe it could default to pre???

Yeah... I noticed this about a week ago and suggested that the registration default to Pre-PA and require PA-S/PA-Cs to actually select these.

Archived