Application Cycle 2015-2016

Congrats to you guys, Spe747 and arl93! Best of luck to the rest of you applying. If you guys have any questions, feel free to inbox me.

Also, I heard back within a day by email after I accepted the RSVP to interview.

Other helpful info for those still awaiting: I applied the week the application opened. I was invited for an interview in early January. I interviewed on 2/3. Accepted today, 3/4.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With about 500 applicants and 50 seats available, Mercer's PA program has a 10% acceptance rate, which is much higher than other schools'. From what I understand, about 12 applicants are interviewed in each of 6 interviews. This means that approximately 8 interviewees will be accepted for every interview. This brings the odds of an interviewee up to 66%! Of course, this is not a hard-and-fast rule, but it does offer some measure of hope for those who seek it.

Even a tiny thread of hope is a good thing :-)

I also received a rejection email this morning. However, it stated that one or more of my GPA's was not meeting their requirements. I looked at my CASPA GPA information in detail and it appears that all my GPAs are within their program's requirements as stated on their website. I feel like I just got a computer generated email response so I emailed them back for some more information. I know my stats aren't competitive but to just simply dismiss it as not meeting their GPA requirements is disappointing. 

Good luck to everyone else!

I also received a rejection email this morning. However, it stated that one or more of my GPA's was not meeting their requirements. I looked at my CASPA GPA information in detail and it appears that all my GPAs are within their program's requirements as stated on their website. I feel like I just got a computer generated email response so I emailed them back for some more information. I know my stats aren't competitive but to just simply dismiss it as not meeting their GPA requirements is disappointing.

They told me that, too. My GPA is above the minimum requirements they have listed. I am interpreting that to mean that my GPA was simply not high enough to compete with the other applicants, even though it met the bare minimum. 

I just received an email with an interview invite for April 13th! I am from Ohio so I have no clue as to where is a good place to stay the night before, etc. so if anyone has any helpful tips they can share, I would appreciate it!

I stayed in the Northlake area! I definitely recommend it. There were a few hotel options. It was a 10 minute drive to the campus and you avoid traffic. Good luck!

When I spoke with Laura last week at Health Sciences Day, it sounds like they've just started going back through all the applications and either sending rejections or interview invitations

That is the most hopeful thing I've read thus far. Thanks! It sounds like most of the invitations are sent out on Thursdays and Fridays. Maybe I'll have a bit of extra luck this St. Patrick's day!

Question: for those of you who have received interviews or received rejection letters... when did you apply? I applied pretty late and have not heard anything, so I think they are going through everyone who applied before me. Just wanted to see when you all applied to see how far away I am! Thanks!!!

Question: for those of you who have received interviews or received rejection letters... when did you apply? I applied pretty late and have not heard anything, so I think they are going through everyone who applied before me. Just wanted to see when you all applied to see how far away I am! Thanks!!!

My application was submitted the beginning of February, but I was asked to retake the GRE to improve a score. They didn't get my scores till after the deadline so I'm pretty late in the game too and just now received the invite. You should hear back soon! Good luck!!!

Archived