Application Cycle 2015-2016

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a question for those of you who applied last year and were waitlisted. If you reapply for the following year, I got the impression that your application won't be looked at until the deadline has passed for filling seats. If that's the case, I'm worried that my application process will be delayed and my chances for an interview will slip away. Has anyone been successful to get an interview following the wait list? If so, is it likely the committee will look favorably on your application if you've added and improved upon a few things like hours, essay, GPA, research experience, etc.?

This is a question for those of you who applied last year and were waitlisted. If you reapply for the following year, I got the impression that your application won't be looked at until the deadline has passed for filling seats. If that's the case, I'm worried that my application process will be delayed and my chances for an interview will slip away. Has anyone been successful to get an interview following the wait list? If so, is it likely the committee will look favorably on your application if you've added and improved upon a few things like hours, essay, GPA, research experience, etc.?

I received separate emails saying that they received my CASPA, supplemental, and supplemental fee, but have not gotten a comprehensive email saying that my application is "complete". Is this something that I should also be expecting or do the three separate emails signify that my application is complete?

Thanks in advance!

Has anyone received an invite except for the two people that already shared? I sent my application in back in November with a complete file but no responses. I am starting to wonder all these bad thoughts. Is it too early to be nervous? It's my last school. I'm scared because I have no more options.

I received separate emails saying that they received my CASPA, supplemental, and supplemental fee, but have not gotten a comprehensive email saying that my application is "complete". Is this something that I should also be expecting or do the three separate emails signify that my application is complete?

Thanks in advance!

I actually got an email subject line "Mercer PA Program - Application File is Complete" and that the file is under review. It took 7 business days after they informed me that they received my GRE scores until I got the complete email. I would contact them if you've been waiting for more than a week after your supplemental unless you haven't sent in your GRE scores.

I actually got an email subject line "Mercer PA Program - Application File is Complete" and that the file is under review. It took 7 business days after they informed me that they received my GRE scores until I got the complete email. I would contact them if you've been waiting for more than a week after your supplemental unless you haven't sent in your GRE scores.

Ah! I completely forgot about having to send my GRE scores separate from the CASPA! Thank you for reminding me!

Interviews went well. There were 12 candidates and we were split into groups "A" and "B." One group interviewed together while the other group sat in a live PA lecture. As a group we were given a single scenario and asked to come up with how to respond to it. We were asked multiple questions, some to all candidates with others for specific candidates. We then proceeded to lunch where we were given a senior student to sit with and ask questions. We took a tour of the campus and ended with a brief 1 on 1 interview, which for me felt to be more of a in depth discussion, with faculty to tie up lose ends. 

For people who have not yet heard back, relax. They will continue interviews into April and they use a true rolling admissions process. Candidates are accepted up until the last day of interviews.

I received an e-mail on 2/2 stating that my application file is now complete and under review! I am very grateful for the many wonderful people who have posted in this thread as well as the thread from last year's application cycle. I have found their insight very useful and inspiring. Good luck to all those still working to submit their application and congratulations to all those who have interviewed or have received an invitation to interview. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived