Application Cycle 2015-2016

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The day has finally come to apply to Mercer again. This year I applied the very first day!!!! Everything is submitted. I am having problems with the supplemental app but all the other required material is in :)

Good luck everyone!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm not a fan of the web-based supplemental either but excited its finally available! Good luck everyone 

Good Luck to everyone. Question: If you have all other requirements but your GRE is literally a few points below the GRE requirement do you think they wouldn't even look at your application?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will not look at your application at all. I applied last cycle and was ONE point below the minimum and they did not look at mine; as a result, I was denied. 

They will not look at your application at all. I applied last cycle and was ONE point below the minimum and they did not look at mine; as a result, I was denied.

I have to agree I am a few points above the requirement and was denied las year. So even being qualified won't get you looked at. Last year I applied late in the game so I am hoping that applying early in the game will get me at least an interview.

On the supplemental portion of the CASPA, there's a document labeled "Clinical/Professional," how is this different from the CV/Resume? I'm all set to send my CASPA but I need to know what else to add. I know it's considered optional, but in my experience with PA school applications, anything that is considered "optional" should still be done. Does the CV/Resume substitute one for another? I need to know what exactly goes into this document. Also, once you submit the CASPA, does Mercer send you a supplemental application?

On the supplemental portion of the CASPA, there's a document labeled "Clinical/Professional," how is this different from the CV/Resume? I'm all set to send my CASPA but I need to know what else to add. I know it's considered optional, but in my experience with PA school applications, anything that is considered "optional" should still be done. Does the CV/Resume substitute one for another? I need to know what exactly goes into this document. Also, once you submit the CASPA, does Mercer send you a supplemental application?

It means any licenses you may have or certificates. I submitted my BLS card and my EMT license

It means any licenses you may have or certificates. I submitted my BLS card and my EMT license

Now do you have to photocopy your certificates onto a Word document? I have my PCA, CPR/AED Emergency Response, and a CNA certificate that I just received (not the actual license but close). How would I go about entering this? Could I at least give them the dates completed, the registration numbers, etc.? By the way, I found the supplementary application, it's on the website like last year, got it!

Do any of you know when interviews will be held now that they are starting their application process a month later than last year?

Now do you have to photocopy your certificates onto a Word document? I have my PCA, CPR/AED Emergency Response, and a CNA certificate that I just received (not the actual license but close). How would I go about entering this? Could I at least give them the dates completed, the registration numbers, etc.? By the way, I found the supplementary application, it's on the website like last year, got it!

Do any of you know when interviews will be held now that they are starting their application process a month later than last year?

I scanned my license into my computer and saved it as a pdf. You never want to submit anything as a word document unless specifically asked for. Word documents will show word errors immediately and grammar errors immediately as soon as they open the document. Don't make it easy for them to see your mistakes. It also is not professional. Even your resume should be submitted as a pdf! However you can get those documents onto a computer and saved as a pdf.

I scanned my license into my computer and saved it as a pdf. You never want to submit anything as a word document unless specifically asked for. Word documents will show word errors immediately and grammar errors immediately as soon as they open the document. Don't make it easy for them to see your mistakes. It also is not professional. Even your resume should be submitted as a pdf! However you can get those documents onto a computer and saved as a pdf.

Good advice. I don't have a scanner at home, but I suppose maybe I could go to Kinkos or something to do that. Also, since I just completed my CNA course, preparing to take the state boards, would it be acceptable to scan my certificate that I received recently as a substitute for the actual license? Thanks for the PDF suggestion, that would help. Any further feedback would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

I realized that Mercer gives a Masters in Medical Science degree after completion of their PA program. Does anyone know what the differences are between masters in medical science/health science /physician assistant . Or does it really matter in the end because we all take the PANCE to be certified as PA-C? Anyone can shed some light about this? Thanks

On the website it says that they have a preferred GPA of 3.0 and a preferred natural science GPA of 2.9. Anyone who may know the answer to this question: will they consider an application that has a GPA lower than 3.0? Since it's preferred, not required? Also... any applicants this year: what all did you include in your CV/resume?

Anyone been able to contact the Mercer PA Admissions and get a response? 

They came to visit Mercer's main campus in Macon late Novemeber and told us they had a lot of applications and are doing their best to be in correspondance with everyone! So I guess I would say just be patient! Along with the fact they stated the review process would continue through December and interviews would start at some point in January!

• 2 weeks later...

They came to visit Mercer's main campus in Macon late Novemeber and told us they had a lot of applications and are doing their best to be in correspondance with everyone! So I guess I would say just be patient! Along with the fact they stated the review process would continue through December and interviews would start at some point in January!

That is what I heard at the campus visit I went to last week. The interview invites will go out in January for a early February interview. Fingers crossed

Archived