Application Cycle 2015-2016

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question: for those of you who have received interviews or received rejection letters... when did you apply? I applied pretty late and have not heard anything, so I think they are going through everyone who applied before me. Just wanted to see when you all applied to see how far away I am! Thanks!!!

I think I applied sometime last fall, like by November all my apps were turned in, and I just received an interview today. 

My application was submitted the beginning of February, but I was asked to retake the GRE to improve a score. They didn't get my scores till after the deadline so I'm pretty late in the game too and just now received the invite. You should hear back soon! Good luck!!!

wow they actually told you what to improve on? They didn't mention anything and I already got a rejection letter. I submitted in December too. Your GPA must've been competitive. Congrats on your interview invite and goodluck!

Question: for those of you who have received interviews or received rejection letters... when did you apply? I applied pretty late and have not heard anything, so I think they are going through everyone who applied before me. Just wanted to see when you all applied to see how far away I am! Thanks!!!

My application was complete Jan27th and I heard back/interviewed in Feb. It seems like everyone is being processed on a different timeline. Hang in there!

To those of you who will be interviewing, here is a comment I gave to another applicant earlier today:

Congrats on getting an interview. First thing -- Relax! Mercer was my top choice when I was applying, so I imagine how nervous/ anxious you must feel. You've managed to overcome the biggest barrier which is getting an interview. Once you have been offered an interview, you have proven yourself academically more or less. At this point the admissions committee has reviewed your file and you have sparked their interest. They now want to know who you are as a person, why you are passionate about medicine, and how you will fit into the Mercer PA family.  

I encourage you to examine how you stand out from other candidates. What makes you unique? What experiences have you had that are meaningful or rememberable. Stress your hands on experience in the interview. Know why you want to be a PA, and why you are prepared for 28 months of strenuous schooling.

Hope this helps. Best of luck!

Hey guys,

Congratulations to those who've been accepted! Has anyone received the following email after their interview?

"The committee has requested additional time to review your profile. We will notify you when the Committee decides to take further action. The anticipated timeline is by the end of this month (April) or late May".

I interviewed on 3/30. Had anyone who interviewed previously received this email? If anyone else had interviewed on that date, did you hear anything? 

Thanks!

I received that email last year. They want to wait and review other applicants before they make a decision with your application. That's all due to the rolling admissions. You will probably be notified at the end when they are conplete with interviews to receive a final status.

Estellel,

I dont think it would be fair to give you that info. I will say that you should want to practice all types because they have a long list of questions to ask and they decide which to give you. Your questions may be nothing like my questions and this can put you at a disadvantage.

Hey estellel,

If you want to shoot me a personal message on this thing, I would be glad to help you with what types of questions they may throw at you.

Want you to feel prepared and not nervous at all. It is a lot of fun and relaxed.

You got this!

When did you guys get the calls? Wed or Thursday? At what time? I haven't received a call so I guess that was the end for me again this year. This feeling sucks!!!

I got the call thursday at about 2:30. if you haven't heard anything, it's not necessarily a bad thing! Hopefully you will hear something tomorrow!! I hope you get the call tomorrow!

Archived