Application Cycle 2015-2016

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just dawned on me that the march 1st deadline is around the corner. I wonder how many interviews have they conducted so far? You don't see that many people making post about interview invites on this thread. Any ideas?

I interviewed recently and was told by a student that he thought we were the third group to go through. He said they usually do about six rounds.

For those who may be curious, last year's application cycle involved 6 interviews held on 12/12, 12/17, 2/27, 3/31, 4/7, and 4/15.

This year, however, the interviews began much later. Thus far, interviews have been held on 2/3, and 2/17. Another will be held on 3/16. That leaves room for another later in March and two more in April.

@Lema010, when did you interview? No one has mentioned a third interview. Either way, there is plenty of opportunity for those who have not yet heard anything.

With about 500 applicants and 50 seats available, Mercer's PA program has a 10% acceptance rate, which is much higher than other schools'. From what I understand, about 12 applicants are interviewed in each of 6 interviews. This means that approximately 8 interviewees will be accepted for every interview. This brings the odds of an interviewee up to 66%! Of course, this is not a hard-and-fast rule, but it does offer some measure of hope for those who seek it.

I also interviewed on 2/17! @PA_McKay do they really only do 6 interview sessions to field the entire 50 person class?

I'm currently a 2nd year student at Mercer and helped with a ton of interviews. For the most part, there is no set number of interviews.  There are definitely well over 500 applications for the 50 seats so it's getting pretty competitive.  They interview until they fill the seats because it is rolling admissions.  If the first 50 people they interview are all great, and they all accept the seat then that's that.  They will keep interviewing until they find 50 students they think will be a good fit for the program.  Hope that info helps and anyone can feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions. Good luck. 

Hey guys!! I hope you all are having a great weekend.

So I just received the call today that I have been accepted to the Mercer Pa program for the Class of 2019. It is very exciting. I interviewed on 2/17 for all of those who might have been with me. I wish you all the best of luck and look forward to meeting everyone. Go Bears!

To Saraxiomara:

I am also from out of state, and I landed at the main Atlanta airport a day before and stayed at the Holiday Inn in Buckhead. It was a very easy drive to the school as long as you me ft about 7:20am for your 8:30am interview. It only takes about 15 minutes to get there, but I promise you that you do not want to get stuck in Atlanta morning traffic. Hope this helps.

Hey guys! So how long after your email about an interview did you receive the confirmation? I don't want to submit the RSVP again if it isn't an automated and immediate confirmation email but I am concerned that I have not gotten another email regarding my upcoming interview since the invitation and link to RSVP.

Thanks!

Archived