Sign in to follow this  
kooljessie2007

2011-2012 Application

"What do you mean? How did the waitlist move last year?"

It moved because applicants with multiple offers chose to go elsewhere which lead to people being picked off the waitlist.

For future applicants in Houston, the good news is that UTPA accepted many applicants from Houston this year.

Edited by suspirar

Question for the people who have been accepted? Where you guys given a date for which you had to make a decision on whether you would attend UTPA. I'm just wondering because we haven't heard anything about the alternate list yet. Thanks in advance!

Question for the people who have been accepted? Where you guys given a date for which you had to make a decision on whether you would attend UTPA. I'm just wondering because we haven't heard anything about the alternate list yet. Thanks in advance!

Ok thanks for the response. So I saw on this forum that there is some schools that require a deposit after acceptance. Does UTPA require a deposit after being offered a seat. Just curious...:smile:

Ok thanks for the response. So I saw on this forum that there is some schools that require a deposit after acceptance. Does UTPA require a deposit after being offered a seat. Just curious...:smile:

They have not mentioned anything to me about the existence of a deposit. Another accepted applicant asked UTPA in February, and she was told that there is no deposit.

If I had made a deposit, I would have felt like my admissions was further set in stone. However, I think they are trying to be nice for people who do not have enough cash to make a deposit.

They have not mentioned anything to me about the existence of a deposit. Another accepted applicant asked UTPA in February, and she was told that there is no deposit.

If I had made a deposit, I would have felt like my admissions was further set in stone. However, I think they are trying to be nice for people who do not have enough cash to make a deposit.

From an e-mail I received from UTPA: "The Admissions Selection Committee will be convening again on March 23 to select a list of alternates to the program. "

From an e-mail I received from UTPA: "The Admissions Selection Committee will be convening again on March 23 to select a list of alternates to the program. "

when did you get that email?

when did you get that email?

I received that e-mail on March 2. I do not know how many people accepted or turned down their offers. I can say that this application year was a tough one for applicants around the country. Also, many people from outside the Rio Grande Valley, but from inside Texas, have been accepted, especially from Houston.

I received that e-mail on March 2. I do not know how many people accepted or turned down their offers. I can say that this application year was a tough one for applicants around the country. Also, many people from outside the Rio Grande Valley, but from inside Texas, have been accepted, especially from Houston.

Thanks Suspirar for that information. I have my fingers crossed that I at least make it on the alternate list. I'm going to cross my toes too. Jeje. It seems like overall there is a good chance that some people will get in off the alternate list. I think the combination of UTPA not requiring a deposit after acceptance, and a lot of people being accepted from other areas within Texas not in the Rio Grande Valley is going to lead to alternate list movement.