There was a hiccup with one of my transcripts and unfortunately, I caught it too late and my CASPA wasn't completed until October 13. I had already paid for my schools and had everything completed, so my chances of getting into my schools with deadlines in September and October were shot. 

I have maybe 3 more schools left with November, December, and January deadlines, and I am freaking out because besides submitting supplementals, I haven't heard back from anyone yet besides one school who's deadline I had passed. 

Also, if in the unfortunate event that I have to reapply the next cycle, does anyone know if I have to start from scratch on CASPA and get new LORs? 

Also, if in the unfortunate event that I have to reapply the next cycle, does anyone know if I have to start from scratch on CASPA and get new LORs? 

CASPA has a blurb about this on their FAQ. Yes, you will need to request LORs all over again. This is why I ask my letter writers to make sure and hold on to a copy in case I have to reapply. On the bright side, a lot of the other application info will roll over.

As for applying late, honestly... I applied in August/September and I think it really hurt me, but this is just my experience. Put everything you have into writing stellar secondary essays and then just relax, because if I've learned one thing this year it's that you cannot predict any part of this process. Keep working on improving your app so that if you do need to reapply, you'll be able to speak on your improvements. Keep in mind the next cycle begins in April and there are plenty of programs that start the following January, so you really won't losing much time by applying in the 2016 cycle.

Good luck and I hope you can grab an acceptance this cycle!

Archived