Ohio: Case Western Reserve

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All hotels are occupied for those dates.

I know its not very close to campus, but there is a hostel that was very well priced, $135 for two nights for a private room and private bath.  Its in a very walkable area with restaurants and bars!  Its called the Cleveland Hostel and I got it on Booking.com

I spoke with DeBorah Hamilton this afternoon to get a feel for the interviews as well as when we should anticipate hearing back.  She said the interview is comprised of four different stations, like a MMI (Multiple Mini Interview).  She thinks we should be hearing back AFTER all of the interviews, so she anticipates that being in March.  She said we should be getting an email soon explaining all of this in better detail.  I hope this helps!

I spoke with DeBorah Hamilton this afternoon to get a feel for the interviews as well as when we should anticipate hearing back.  She said the interview is comprised of four different stations, like a MMI (Multiple Mini Interview).  She thinks we should be hearing back AFTER all of the interviews, so she anticipates that being in March.  She said we should be getting an email soon explaining all of this in better detail.  I hope this helps!

Thanks so much for the info! I hope we get an email from her soon. For those that have their interviews soon, good luck! Let us know how it goes. Looking forward to meeting you all.

For the applicants who interviewed today, do you mind sharing how the interview day was like? (e.g. how many one to one interviews, panel interview, ethical and/or standard questions) And did they mention how many applicants are being interviewed? Anything about the interview day would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

The format was similar to an MMI you are interviewed 3 times by groups of 2, one from the college and a "friend of the program", followed by a written reflection. My questions were mostly situational with some questions about my application added in.

Thanks for sharing your experience. But , I unable.. to get  " friend of the program ", can you clarify that  . As far as writing section was concerned , was it mini essay or multiple questions as you have mentioned related to situation or picked up from candidate file and how much time was allotted to it . 

It was a mini essay. And the friends of the program are people that are associated with the program that are not faculty.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for the info! Did they say anything about how many people will be accepted? Also, how many people were interviewed on the same day as you? Thanks and sorry for all the questions

No worries sounds like they will be trying for a class size of 30. And there were 12 people interviewing my day.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Great! 1 in 2 chances is not too bad =)

Not sure if you can tell us but was the essay related to why we want to become PAs? or more of a situation essay? It's OK if you can't say (I know some schools make you sign a confidentiality agreement)

For those that already had an interview, until what time did you all have to stay? I know the information says that the interview will end at 2:30pm but wanted to check if this is an accurate time. Trying to plan for my flight back. Thanks!!

There are two sessions, morning and afternoon. I was in the morning session, which lasted from 8:00 to noon-ish. There is overlap with one segment between the two sessions (morning session ends with the financial aid presentation and afternoon begins with it). Good luck!

There are two sessions, morning and afternoon. I was in the morning session, which lasted from 8:00 to noon-ish. There is overlap with one segment between the two sessions (morning session ends with the financial aid presentation and afternoon begins with it). Good luck!

Ok! Now it makes sense, I guess I am in the later morning session (10am). Thanks so much Rh09! When you interviewed, did they mention around when will they start sending acceptance letters?

for the applicants who already interviewed, were you able to find a parking spot without any problem? And which parking lot did you use? (Health sciences garage lot 55 or Veale parking garage lot 53)

the lot 55 seems closer to the school of medicine, but I was also wondering if finding a parking spot was a problem or not.

Archived