Class of 2014

Hi momed, I sure am applying.

CASPA app was sent almost a month ago, now just the waiting game. Thank god MSU matriculation is in Jan rather than summer starts (those long waits can be grueling!). I wish you luck.

Where did you graduate from?... and any stats you feel like sharing.

Hi Walkoffshot,

Where are you from? Below is an abbreviated list of my stats. Where are you from? Any stats you want to share? I am excited for the next step of the application process. I wanted to get to know people that were applying. It is always nice to know at least one person going into someplace new.

Stats:

28 years old, married with one child.

PreUndergrad: EMT-Paramedic (GPA 3.77, Academic Honors)

Undergrad: University of Missouri, Bachelor's of Science in Biological Sciences

EMT/Critical Care Paramedic (Full-Time) for 10 years

American Heart Association Training Center Faculty in BLS, ACLS, and PALS (>400 hours)

Adjunct EMS Faculty for University of Missouri EMT and Paramedic Program(>250 hours)

Numerous other provider and instructor certifications

• 3 weeks later...

I am applying as well.

43 years old, divorced. Two children, both grown. My son is a paramedic and is getting his BSN.

Preundergrad: Valencia College. AS Emergency Medicine. (Paramedic)

Undergrad: Saint Petersburg College. BAS in Public Safety Administration. GPA 3.816

Firefighter/Paramedic 15 years.

Instructor at Orlando Medical Institute, 6 years.

Instructor for ACLS, PALS, BLS, PHTLS (2200 hours)

I am applying as well.

43 years old, divorced. Two children, both grown. My son is a paramedic and is getting his BSN.

Preundergrad: Valencia College. AS Emergency Medicine. (Paramedic)

Undergrad: Saint Petersburg College. BAS in Public Safety Administration. GPA 3.816

Firefighter/Paramedic 15 years.

Instructor at Orlando Medical Institute, 6 years.

Instructor for ACLS, PALS, BLS, PHTLS (2200 hours)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

jessie37,

Sorry to hear that. Did you get the chance to interview? Keep your head up! Did you apply to anywhere else? Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I am waiting right now to hear from them. Just continue to get more HCE and reapply next year! Hope everything works out!

Hi All,

This is the first time I've checked back so wondering if anyone else on here has had their interview. I went the first round and thought it went pretty well. There were 12 of us, they divided us up 7 in the morning, 5 in the afternoon. There were 3 (w/ 5 people) separate interviews in the morning and the afternoon group had only 4 people doing the interviewing from what we were told. I felt the staff was encouraging and the interviews were pretty straight forward. It's more about are you a good fit for them and are they a good fit for you. The final decision for filling the slots will be made the beginning of Oct. When is everyone's interview?

Archived