Montefiore medical center

I would like to just warn any PAs out there who are considering working at Montefiore medical center. Awful idea. They treat their PAs like trash, abuse them, do not give them parking (which is 20 a day), do not give them raises, and constantly switch their work hours without notice. The turn over rate is so high that there is never consistency. I urge anyone out there who is considering this place to think twice.

I was treated very well at Mayo Clinic, however, the one gripe I had was that I was not allowed to park on campus. Physicians and nurses could. However, PAs, MAs and other staff could not. It was an old tradition. I fought over this for years, but it was off-set by the good ways they treated me.

At  least we can thank Montefiore for inventing Fioricet and Fiorinal . . . or then again maybe not.

• 1 month later...

wakefield is great because of thr union. they are unionized and therefore have a set contract, set hours, set pay scale and parking is much easier. also the ceo of wakefield is a pa and the two guys below her that control the pa's are pa's. weiler is a mess, worse than moses. i trained there for a few months and it has a lot of issues. i would consider turning back, unless of course you go to wakefield.

As I was reading this I was thinking, "From a headache guy?!?"  Then I got to the punchline. 

haha. montefiore also was the leading expert in mesenteric ischemia, and apparently created the first heart lung machine and transvenous cardiac pacemaker. apparently. also one of the first places for a pa residency, and they may be cutting that away too. shameful!

Archived