True Anomaly

The residency experience

83 posts in this topic

TrueAnomaly,

I haven't yet found any source of information on salary, as I'm considering a residency. I'll start my clinicals in 2 months but need to apply to residencies if it's something I'm interested in.

However, while I understand that there is a priceless amount of knowledge acquired on these residencies, by way of future salary and financial investment, was it worth the year to put off paying your student loans and working a normal job? Is there a substantial increase in salary if completing a residency and/or receiving further certification?

Thanks!

TA how long was your residency from start to finish? and did you get paid anything? like how physician residents start getting paid after being there so long...was that the case for you?

Sorry if this is stated somewhere and I overlooked it- where are you doing your residency at? I am soooo glad you are writing about this...I plan to do a residency if I could but have to get into school first...baby steps..

Nevermind my last post...wow thanks TA for posting along the way-congrats on all of your hard work! I am not sure that you will read this but it is very motivating and exciting to read about your experiences!! I also wonder as several people have posted how to start early to build a competitive and most impressive curriculum vitae for potential residencies?? Anyone?