When should I submit my aplication??

This is my second year applying and I am most of the way done with my application. I can finish it up by the end of the week, but I have a few questions. Here's the deal: submit

1) I already took: 2 bio's w/ lab; 2 gen chem's w/ lab; 1 orgo w/ lab; and A&P 1 w/lab, plus other pre-req's. My GPA is currently 4.0. I am in middle of A&P 2 and abnormal psychology which I will finish in 5 weeks. Should I wait for those grades? It means I won't submit CASPA till those transcripts are sent in the middle of August.

2) I also finished an EMT course and am waiting for the results of my certification exam. It might take another 2 weeks to receive the results. Should I wait for it?

3) Last year I only applied to one school (UMDNJ) as it had the least requirements. Somehow I managed to get an interview even though I only had 18 hours of shadowing a PA and didn't have the grades for orgo and the math in yet. I was rejected, not wait-listed. This year I am reapplying there plus to another 3 CASPA and 2 non-CASPA schools. Should I write my essay as a second year (meaning expressing my feelings of the rejection) even though it is only a reapply for one school?

Thanks in advance!!

Guest guthriesm

You can reference it but I wouldn't use it as your pedestal for the whole essay. You are a reapplicant to CASPA and the things you have learned about yourself and the process could be good details to reflect on. Just make sure you don't sound bitter, vindictive, etc.

1) Don't wait 5 weeks for additional grades, list them as in-progress.

2)Don't wait for the EMT exam score, but be sure to reference taking the course(either in your P.S., coursework or both)

3)Express feelings of past PA school rejection only if you feel that was a defining moment that you want to focus on. That will inevitably be a talking point in an interview, but is not something you need to focus on if you don't want to.

Those are my thoughts,

Good Luck

I am also taking a class right now that is finishing at the end of this month. I plan on sending my application before then but do schools look at apps with in-progress classes as anything less than an app with a completed course?

It depends on the class and the school. If the class isn't a prerequisite, you likely don't have to worry. If the class IS a prerequisite, then it varies between schools. Some schools only let you have two pre-reqs in progress. Others may not allow any pre-reqs to be in progress upon submission. Still, others don't seem to mind as much, but place priority upon applicants with all pre-reqs completed. It's a mixed bag. You'll have to check with the programs you plan to attend.

It depends on the class and the school. If the class isn't a prerequisite, you likely don't have to worry. If the class IS a prerequisite, then it varies between schools. Some schools only let you have two pre-reqs in progress. Others may not allow any pre-reqs to be in progress upon submission. Still, others don't seem to mind as much, but place priority upon applicants with all pre-reqs completed. It's a mixed bag. You'll have to check with the programs you plan to attend.

Thank you so much!

Archived