2012 Applicants

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just called the office and asked if they would consider my third recommendation since I was placed on the alternate list. I had two rec letters when I initially submitted my application to be processed, and the third was sent in approximately one week later. The woman on the phone just told me that they would have considered my third recommendation IF I had brought it to the interview. I don't understand how I was expected to bring the letter to my interview when CASPA does not let me access it. I chose to 'waive my right to view the letter', which is what I thought schools preferred. This is a bit confusing and frustrating... how should I have known to bring an inaccessible letter to my interview!?

So for those of you interviewing, apparently you can bring an extra rec letter if you can figure out how to print it from CASPA.

Maybe have the third interviewer print out your letter and place it in a signed and sealed envelope?

I remember they said the alternate list has a pretty good chance. However, they didn't specify how they would choose from the list - ordered format or scored system? You should ask them. In any case, wish everyone the best of luck!

Archived