New Work Position on CASPA before start date

I just received a phone call today that I have been offered an ER tech position at a high-level trauma center. I want to list this under my patient care experience, but my start date is not for another two weeks. I would like to submit my app before then but am wondering about how I should describe the duties? Obviously I know the general job responsibilities from my interview, but I have not experienced any of it yet.

I have all of my clinical hours completed from another nursing assistant job, but I would really like to include this new position in my application as well.

Thanks in advance!!

You can not include HCE that you have not completed on CASPA. You should read the FAQ very thoroughly.

Q: I haven’t begun my experience yet, but plan on doing so soon. Can I report that?

A: No, you cannot report “planned” experience. Once you have accumulated the experience, you may send updated information directly to the schools to which you are applying.

https://portal.caspaonline.org/applicants2012/faq/FAQs_Directory.htm

Thank you! Does anyone have experience with how to send this updated info to schools? Two of my schools do not have secondary applications and I am unsure of how I would send them info about my new HCE.

Write them a letter. Yes, the old-fashioned way. Considering that many programs seem to have a hard time replying to emails, I question whether they actually even read half of them and wouldn't want to risk that when it comes to my application.

I disagree BUT if you say so...not real easy to keep track of it and who received it

Write them a letter. Yes, the old-fashioned way. Considering that many programs seem to have a hard time replying to emails, I question whether they actually even read half of them and wouldn't want to risk that when it comes to my application.

email with a read reciept is free an easier for them to acknowledge that they have it (simple email response back "thank you for the additional info"....easier to find and give them a copy (or for them to find a copy) if its "lost"

all in all its really up to the program on how they would like to receive the info, some do not like additional papers and such and do not welcome it so OP I would check and see how the program wants to be updated

Sending it certified or certified with return receipt is an option if you are concerned about them receiving actual mail.

Archived