Application process for June 2012

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just received an e-mail for my supplemental application. I am just curious if there are suppose to be essays on this application? I saw that someone was asking about essays on one of the nova forums. If there are essays I do not see them!

This is late spatel88, but I don't know if I would call them "essay" questions. On the left was the question and on the right was a text box to write your response. Is that what you saw? Maybe different campuses have different supplementals?

I submitted to CASPA on 8/31 and my supplemental the next day, CASPA verified on 9/13, CASPA mailed on 9/16. Nova emailed saying they received it on 9/19. On 9/22 Nova emailed saying all of my documents were being sent to admissions for review. 9/27 was when I received an email invite to interview. The next available time to interview was 10/21.

I just received the long awaited interview invite yesterday and took the earliest appointment available today. Who else is interviewing on December 5, 2011? I am super excited, yet a little nervous. I was wait-listed last year and hope to be their first choice this year.

Congrats on your interview!!! I was super excited and SUPER nervous at mine! Good luck to you.

I hope someone can help me with this:

I applied to all four NOVA PA programs, and received interview invites from two of the programs (Davie and Fort Myers) a few weeks ago. Is it safe to say that since I did not receive interview invites from the other two programs (Orlando and Jacksonville), that they are not interested? Does NOVA tell you if they are not interested?

Thanks!

Congratulations on getting interview invites. I interviewed on 9/16 and was offered a seat on 9/27. If you have any questions about the interview process feel free to send a private message. I was accepted to several schools, but I had the best overall experience at NOVA Jacksonville and I'm excited to be attending.

Nova does send a rejection letter via regular mail if they will not be considering you, so it's probably safe to say that you are still under consideration at the other two campuses.

I hope someone can help me with this:

I applied to all four NOVA PA programs, and received interview invites from two of the programs (Davie and Fort Myers) a few weeks ago. Is it safe to say that since I did not receive interview invites from the other two programs (Orlando and Jacksonville), that they are not interested? Does NOVA tell you if they are not interested?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

@mmattson: Perhaps Natacha has some inside knowledge that I don't have, but while the GRE is required at many schools, they realize that a large vocabulary and knowledge of geometry are not the tell-tale signs that you will be able to complete PA school. That 2.8 GPA in science is going to be a huge hurdle to overcome and be overlooked. Most people in my class were A students in the vast majority of their classes and when they arrived at PA school found that an "A" was no longer the norm for them, many pass tests with "C's" and low "B's". If I were on the admissions board knowing that, I would have to take that into consideration, if typical "A" students drop to "C" students, how would a "C" student do? I wish you luck on your trek toward PA, but your GPAs are going to hurt you a lot, especially when you look at how many people apply for the limited number of seats available.

• 1 month later...

Hello, and congratulations to everyone who has been accepted! I applied to NOVA-Jax and everything was received at the very end of October, so I probably applied fairly late. I got an email about the supplemental app and that I'm past initial review, but I still haven't heard anything back yet as far as an interview or anything else. I did notice a couple of weeks ago that in my processed application on WebSTAR under requirements it says "Interview", but no date. I was wondering if this may be something they put on everyone's status or if I may have missed the letter or something. If anyone knows where they are in the process that would be great. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jkentp,

I never remember seeing anything on my webstar about "interview", even after I scheduled my interview. I got an email asking me to interview. Search your inbox? And if you still have any doubts, maybe call Lindsey? I called her with a question about my webstar not showing my GRE scores as being received and she was happy to help. :) Turns out they had them, it just didn't say so on my end. Glitches happen.

Best of luck!

I have my interview this Friday and would really appreciate any tips or advice specific to nova jax. This is the only program I have applied to and really want to get in. I am normally good under pressure but my nerves are already starting haha. Thanks in advance for any responses. If preferred, feel free to private message me.

• 2 weeks later...
like the previous poster, can someone please help with some ideas of what to expect on the interview...i read that some do essays...what are the essays about? do they involve knowing the current health policy etc?

mine was "If you could meet a historical figure, who would it be?" I'm sure they are mostly get to know you type of questions if you don't get that one. If you can articulate something on paper at 830 in the morning, you'll be fine. It's handwritten and you are given 20 minutes, so allocate your time accordingly. I kind of got lost with my thoughts and kept writing so just watch timing it flies by.

like the previous poster, can someone please help with some ideas of what to expect on the interview...i read that some do essays...what are the essays about? do they involve knowing the current health policy etc?

mine was "If you could meet a historical figure, who would it be?" I'm sure they are mostly get to know you type of questions if you don't get that one. If you can articulate something on paper at 830 in the morning, you'll be fine. It's handwritten and you are given 20 minutes, so allocate your time accordingly. I kind of got lost with my thoughts and kept writing so just watch timing it flies by.

Archived