Application process for June 2012

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Undergrad Ed School: University of Washington, BA Business Administration and Accounting

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.43

Science Undergrad. GPA: 4.0

Post Bachelor GPA: 4.00

Age at application time : 33

1st GRE: 1230 (590 verbal, 640 quant)

Direct Patient Care : (type & hours)

20 hrs PA shadow

200 hrs MD shadow

Schools Applied: Midwestern Glendale, Baylor, NOVA Jacksonville, NOVA Southwestern, NOVA Orlando

Application Submitted Date: CASPA and supplementals June 20th

Schools Received Application Date: July 6th

Interview Invites: NOVA Jacksonville, NOVA Ft. Myers (Still waiting on others)

Denied: Not yet

Withdrew Application: Not yet

Waitlisted: Not yet

Accepted: Not yet

Attempts: First

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I have also be invited for interviews at Nova Jax and Ft Meyers, 9/29 and 10/3 respectively. If there are any current students at either location that would be willing to host me I would be grateful. I have not heard back from Orlando and am completing the supplemental for Ft Lauderdale currently. For those that are applying now, I heard back in 4 days for one campus and with in 24 hrs from the other (can't remember which was which for sure) so they seem to be on top of things. Good luck to everyone! Maybe I will get to meet some future class mates :)

I heard back from the Jax and Ft Meyers campus over a week ago and was offered an interview at both locations (10/3 and 9/29 respectively). I also applied to the other two and got a msg back from one saying that I am missing a 'foreign transcript review.' Funny, as I don't have any courses from abroad. I let them know about the mistake and am hoping to hear back from them once it has been corrected. I also have an interview at Midwestern University in AZ (on 9/12). Would love to hear from anyone else interviewing, esp on the same dates! It would be neat to have some I 'know' there! Fingers crossed and good luck to you!

I am also interviewing September 16th! I applied to the Orlando campus as well but still no word - apparently they're having an issue connecting my supplemental application to my CASPA since I did my supplemental before the CASPA was verified and mailed. Did anyone else have this problem? Anyway, I wish you all the best of luck and for those interviewing Sep 16th, I will see you there!

• 2 weeks later...

I did my supplemental before CASPA was verified as well, but it didn't cause an issue. I had problems as one thought I needed a foreign transcript review. I think that has been fixed now. I have interviews at all campuses except Orlando. They still have to change the code due to the previously mentioned issue and the girl that does that is out of the office until the 22nd. I am hoping to hear back from Orlando after that. I will interview at Jax on 10/3. Did they say how long it should be before you hear back from them? Was it a pretty relaxed atmosphere? What were your thoughts? Thanks!

Hey there thanks everyone, this is a great forum, wish I found it sooner. Love the support and frank dialogue(s). I'm scheduled for an interview at JAX 9/26 (monday), and am really excited. I've applied Ft. Meyers and Orlando as well - but have not heard back. I live on the west coast - so traveling back and forth is a bit a burden, but I knew that this would be all part of the process. It's, I suppose, in many aspect, how much one wants to be a PA. If I have to hitchhike for other interviews with NOVA, I'll do it. BayernHof, thank for the insights. While I'm nervous, yet confident (not overly so), I realize the best approach to interviewing is to be myself and let the chips fall where they may. I only think positively b/c negative thoughts are just a waste of time. What is the best part of NOVA JAX? What if, anything could be improved? I went to medic school this past year and accredidation is something of which I'm mindful - what is the future of the provisional PA accredidation at NOVA JAX?

Hey there thanks everyone, this is a great forum, wish I found it sooner. Love the support and frank dialogue(s). I'm scheduled for an interview at JAX 9/26 (monday), and am really excited. I've applied Ft. Meyers and Orlando as well - but have not heard back. I live on the west coast - so traveling back and forth is a bit a burden, but I knew that this would be all part of the process. It's, I suppose, in many aspect, how much one wants to be a PA. If I have to hitchhike for other interviews with NOVA, I'll do it. BayernHof, thank for the insights. While I'm nervous, yet confident (not overly so), I realize the best approach to interviewing is to be myself and let the chips fall where they may. I only think positively b/c negative thoughts are just a waste of time. What is the best part of NOVA JAX? What if, anything could be improved? I went to medic school this past year and accredidation is something of which I'm mindful - what is the future of the provisional PA accredidation at NOVA JAX?

I'm a west coaster also. I live in Seattle. It's a long flight, but I found the experience worth it. Take everything you read on here with a grain of salt, and the same goes for other's experiences. I enjoyed interacting with the PA students and faculty from the PA and other programs. Everyone seemed happy with their decision to be there. I also liked that most of the students choose to live near campus and study together often.

As for the provisional status, it is what it is. NOVA has other sites fully accredited, so it's not like they don't have experience with PA education.

Hi all, I will be interviewing at Jax on Monday and am excited to do so. I interviewed at Ft Myers today and it was wonderful experience. After Jax I go for an interview at Orlando and then Ft Lauderdale- all in the same week! For those of you traveling long distances, call and follow up with them. I called the campuses I had not heard back from and said that I would like follow up on my application status as I will already be in south FL for Ft Myers and it would be very helpful if I could possibly combine trips, if I was offered an interview. They were very nice about it and got back to be quickly. I found them to be very understanding of the traveling and cost. Also, one of my dates was in Dec, and I called about once a week or so to see if any closer dates had opened, you know- if someone else had cancelled. Sure enough, someone did, and it happened to be in the week I was already traveling! Bottom line, check in. I have found them to all be very helpful! Good luck to you all!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what it means to be in Nova's "holding pattern" or gray folder? I called Lindsay today and she told me that they're interviewing the most highly qualified first right now. Does anyone know the chances of getting an interview if you're in the gray folder? Thanks

Does anyone know what it means to be in Nova's "holding pattern" or gray folder? I called Lindsay today and she told me that they're interviewing the most highly qualified first right now. Does anyone know the chances of getting an interview if you're in the gray folder? Thanks

I haven't heard that before, but I would say you still have a chance if they are holding onto your application. I read on one of the other threads that they held interviews all the way to the spring! Plus, even if they accept the people they are interviewing now, those people might get accepted into other schools and may not choose to go to Nova-Jacksonville. One of the PA's I shadow was waitlisted at UF and a couple weeks into his PA program at Barry, UF called and he was accepted (though he chose to stay at Barry). So don't lose hope!

Did you apply anywhere else? I only applied at Nova-Jax, so I am definitely nervous! If you don't mind my asking, what are your stats?

Archived