Sanford Guide for iPhone?

anyone here use the sanford guide that recently got ported to the iphone? i'm thinking of buying it, but from reading the reviews it seems like there's no way you can look up abx by bug...if so that kind of stinks...

was wondering if anyone out there is already using it, and what they think of the app

thanks!

• Administrator

Well... I suppose that's good that they have it now, but it's almost double the Amazon price for the hardcopy. Moreover, it appears to be designed for the iPad's screen real estate and not so hot on smaller devices, and thus is getting decidedly mixed reviews.

My big beef with digital editions is that they expect me to pay MSRP for something where there incremental cost per copy is... zero. Not interested in doing that. I'd quickly pay $5-10 for the app, and maybe $15 if it got good reviews, but I am NEVER paying more for digital/online content than for the dead tree edition.

Well... I suppose that's good that they have it now, but it's almost double the Amazon price for the hardcopy. Moreover, it appears to be designed for the iPad's screen real estate and not so hot on smaller devices, and thus is getting decidedly mixed reviews.

My big beef with digital editions is that they expect me to pay MSRP for something where there incremental cost per copy is... zero. Not interested in doing that. I'd quickly pay $5-10 for the app, and maybe $15 if it got good reviews, but I am NEVER paying more for digital/online content than for the dead tree edition.

yea i have to admit it's annoying to pay more for a digital edition. i've bought some of the 'PreTest' series in the past for my iphone, and i think it's robbery how they charge $30 for each one...i guess they feed off suckers like me who pay for the convenience :(

Archived