Applying for state license

Hey guys,

I remember someone telling me that as i get closer to graduation (about a month away now) that I should apply for my state license before graduation, to get the ball rolling, whoever told me said they would contact me because my application would be incomplete without my diploma or nccpa cert but i could send them in at a later time and it would cut down on the processing time after graduation. Im going to be doing it in NJ, and several people said it takes up to 5 months.

Any experience or advice on this?

I just got licensed 3 weeks ago. Luckily my state was very efficient and fast. You can fill all your paper work out except your diploma copy/ PANCE pass and can get your documents into the appropriate office. Your application will be incomplete but ready to go once you have all the documentation. I did this and 1 1/2 weeks later after turning in my PANCE and diploma I was licensed. I graduated around Philly so I have heard horror stories about NJ licensing so anything to speed it up the better. Also you probably want to start early because the paper work adds up really fast.

Archived