USD applicants 2011

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

southpawmedic- my stats are...

31 year old female, MT

CASPA GPA - 2.97

HC Experience - 800+ ER Tech

200+ hours on medical assistance missions in Afghanistan with PAs.

LPN license - just started working full time this September

Certified as CNA and LPN

I also have a BS in History/Spanish Minor from the United States Naval Academy.

At the USNA I was an 18 year old idiot who graduated with a 2.3 GPA and it's taken the last two years of straight A's in nursing school to bring my GPA up to a 2.97. I've just finished taking organic chemistry w/lab, biochemistry w/lab and abnormal psychology all of which I'm getting A's in so I'm hoping that will push my GPA over since biochem and ochem are rated so high. I'll also be taking genetics w/lab and another biology w/lab next semester. I'm really hoping A's in those courses will bump my GPA over the 3.0 mark which is really holding me back.

I only applied to USD this semester but next go round I'm hitting up many more schools.

Got a letter in the mail today stating that they were not able to offer me an interview at this time but if an interview spot opens up that they will be contacting me. So basically I'm an alternate for interviews. Well it's better than complete rejection.

I am pretty sure that all out of state at USD interview the same day so I am guessing that I will not be hearing good news at this point. I movied recently so I'm guessing the change of address may have held up the "snail mail" letter. Good luck to those of you that have interviews! southpawmedic and gblanch do you mind me asking if you have interviewed any where else?

I haven't interviewed anywhere else nor have I applied anywhere else. USD is my only real option without having to rent an apartment and come home on the weekends or move my whole family for the duration of school. My goal is to continue to live and work in my rural area after graduation. USD is within driving distance for me. My plan is to drive to and from school daily. A lot of miles and fuel but worth it in my opinion for my wife and boys!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived