USD applicants 2011

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll be submitting my application next week.

Vermillion is a lovely town - I grew up there and hope to be able to call it home again soon! If you do get accepted and have any questions about good places to live, etc, I'd be happy to help. Just PM me! =)

• 2 weeks later...

I have also applied to USD! My CASPA application was verified today! I am not from South Dakota and do not know a great deal about the area. I've heard the program is very good and it is one of my top choices. I hope to learn more from others applying. Does anyone have a rough estimate of past statistics on how many applicants, GPA, etc.?

I have also applied to USD! My CASPA application was verified today! I am not from South Dakota and do not know a great deal about the area. I've heard the program is very good and it is one of my top choices. I hope to learn more from others applying. Does anyone have a rough estimate of past statistics on how many applicants, GPA, etc.?

I'm not sure about past statistics, but I just received an email saying that my file is complete and will be forwarded to the admissions committee. They also said that interview invites will not go out until December, so it is likely we will not hear from them until then. It's such a long wait!!!

I'm not sure about past statistics, but I just received an email saying that my file is complete and will be forwarded to the admissions committee. They also said that interview invites will not go out until December, so it is likely we will not hear from them until then. It's such a long wait!!!

I e-submitted my application Saturday (7/23) and it was verified on that Wednesday (7/27). My transcripts and LOR's were already received when I e-submitted. It was verified way faster than I expected! I got an email yesterday saying that USD has received my application :)

Thank you Southpawmedic! Good luck and hope to see you at interviews as well!!!

I found this from the USD website...

Class of 2012

Average age: 26

Average GPA: 3.55

Average HCE: 2.69 years

Class of 2013

Average age: 29

Average GPA: 3.37

Average HCE: 4.12 years

I am curious to know how many applicants they receive on average each year.

I was told by someone "familiar" with the school that they received over 300 out of state apps a few years ago. Not sure how accurate that is but if that's the case, those of us not from SD are in for a challenge!

Wow, I really hope that isn't true! I am not from South Dakota but USD is my top choice. I've noticed from other schools that the number of received applications vs the number of completed applications varied greatly. Found that to be interesting.

I do hate that USD only takes around 20 people. I'm sure that will make it harder for us.

Archived