Hourly wage!

I won't touch a per diem for less then $60/hour for internal medicine, $65 or $70 for ER

If on the coast in a high cost of living area I would make it a little higher - also makes a lot of sense to know what you generate in income - if you are seeing 4 ER patients an hour you are generating a huge amount so they have little reason other then cheapness to not pay you atleast 70..... if only seeing 2 patients a day as surg on call can't ask for much....

I am a 10 yr PA

I have seen er per diems from 45-75/hr recently + malpractice coverage.

at the places I work the per diems are the following:

primary job/trauma ctr 62/hr( I get less but get a full benefits package, production, etc)

level 1 trauma ctr 50 hr/days, 62/hr nights

rural/critical access hospital 56.50/hr

these places all pay the same regardless of yrs in practice.

I saw an ad today for 24 hr shifts, solo coverage in maine for 75/hr seeing 20-30 pts/shift. that's the kind of job I want when the kids go off to college...

I won't touch a per diem for less then $60/hour for internal medicine, $65 or $70 for ER

If on the coast in a high cost of living area I would make it a little higher - also makes a lot of sense to know what you generate in income - if you are seeing 4 ER patients an hour you are generating a huge amount so they have little reason other then cheapness to not pay you atleast 70..... if only seeing 2 patients a day as surg on call can't ask for much....

I am a 10 yr PA

these arew as en employee - not as a 1099 and yes the office or staffing company covers my malpractice - no other benefits though - just hourly rate

Archived