recent grad, just passed pance, don't understand FORMS!

Need some help with how to fill out these forms :) Having some post-pance anxiety and feeling a little jittery since i this is the first time, even if i do everything right, i don't have a coordinator or secretary or counselor looking over my shoulder to verify.

I'm applying to NYC, so I googled what I think I should do. Please help me if I'm doing this right!

I went here and guessing I have to fill out form 1 and 2, that's it.

In those forms I have some more questions:

Form 1 questions:

a) item 4: print name exactly as you wish it to appear on your license: are universally accepted nicknames ok? (Robert/Bob, Katherine/Kate, etc)

b) item 14: "Do you now hold, or have you ever held, a license or certificate to practice any profession in any jurisdiction? If yes, list each license/certificate, state or jurisdiction and provide appropriate information in the columns below" I passed the boards and don't have a license but I do have a certificate...right? so i fill out the columns?

c) item 19: "I give permission to the NYS ed. dept. to release my examination results to my professional school for the confidential purposes of program review and institution research and planning." I don't understand this. I didn't goto school in NY and why would the state release the results to the school i graduated from?

Form 2 questions:

a) item 6: school attended (i'm ok with that); item 7: "Title of certificate or degree" do i put NCCPA for certificate or my master's of health degree?

b) section II: "instructions to institution registrar." this is a form that i mail to the school, they fill it out and then send it out. now, it says registrar...do i send it to the official registrar of the entire university (undgrad and grad) or bypass all of them and just send it to the PA program?

I also feel like I'm missing something else. When we pass the pance, is there something else were are supposed to sign up for or just sign out the state licensure forms and we're good to go? I am on the NCCPA for being certified for the next 2 years. Do I have to join the AAPA? anything else?

I am copying and pasting an outline below to make it easier for people to respond if they choose to respond in this manner. :-) thanks so much!

Correct website listed? y or n

only need to complete forms 1 and 2? y or n

Form 1 questions:

a) item 4:

b) item 14:

c) item 19:

Form 2 questions:

a) item 6:

b) section II:

Missing something else?:

Form 1 questions:

a) item 4: print name exactly as you wish it to appear on your license: are universally accepted nicknames ok? (Robert/Bob, Katherine/Kate, etc)

Probably best to put your name as it's written on your birth certificate, as a legality technicality.

b) item 14: "Do you now hold, or have you ever held, a license or certificate to practice any profession in any jurisdiction? If yes, list each license/certificate, state or jurisdiction and provide appropriate information in the columns below" I passed the boards and don't have a license but I do have a certificate...right? so i fill out the columns?

For mine, I included every county license for my EMT certifications. They're referring to past certifications, not this one. They want to know your history.

c) item 19: "I give permission to the NYS ed. dept. to release my examination results to my professional school for the confidential purposes of program review and institution research and planning." I don't understand this. I didn't goto school in NY and why would the state release the results to the school i graduated from?

You're getting licensed in the state of NY, correct? So they're handling all the paperwork routing. The information goes back to your program, who keeps records of performance of past classes, in order to determine any possible areas in their curriculum that might need improvement.

Form 2 questions:

a) item 6: school attended (i'm ok with that); item 7: "Title of certificate or degree" do i put NCCPA for certificate or my master's of health degree?

You put your Master's.

b) section II: "instructions to institution registrar." this is a form that i mail to the school, they fill it out and then send it out. now, it says registrar...do i send it to the official registrar of the entire university (undgrad and grad) or bypass all of them and just send it to the PA program?

Send it to the registrar of the university.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks a lot guys! Going back to the same site, http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/med/rpaforms.htm, do I need to fill out forms 3 and 5?

Does anyone know what they mean by another jursidiction (county? state?)?

For form 5, what does a limited permit exactly mean? Do I fill that out too?

Can I fill out the NPI form now (without a job)?

Should I put down on my resume that I've already completed it or ... ?

Thanks again, this whole process has been more stressful and time consuming than I originally thought. You miss one step and it could set you back a month.

Archived