Where is the best place to look for a job?

I am trying to figure out what are the most popular websites PA's search when looking for employment? Do you go to Monster? Jobing? Advancepracticejobs? Are the others that are bigger then these? We are currently looking to hire two PA's but it seems like every posting job site I look at to post an ad wants about $250 to post the ad so I just want to post on the most popular sites only.

thanks

these are all good ideas, thanks alot I will research them each. Our practice is in a little rural town and we attract a special type of provider. We are trying to figure out how to find these providers without having to spend money on every job posting site on the internet. Any ideas?

these are all good ideas, thanks alot I will research them each. Our practice is in a little rural town and we attract a special type of provider. We are trying to figure out how to find these providers without having to spend money on every job posting site on the internet. Any ideas?

Does your state have an office of rural health with recruiters? Ours is a great contact, she is awesome about communicating opportunities with my class. This site is pretty good, it's a nationwide site for rural health clinics. Not sure how you get a listing posted. https://www.3rnet.org/aboutus/

Also PA world.net is pretty good, pretty broad audience, not sure how much it is to have small listing on there, I see one for a clinic in Fossil, OR (population 470) that I'm pretty sure doesn't have much in the way of resources, so might be worth a try.

Maybe see if you can get a PA student interested in family medicine about to graduate to use your clinic as a rotation site? That's how some of the rural clinics I know of do it, try your local PA programs.

Yea I have contacted the biggest program here, but I didn't try that route. I just asked them if they had a job placement service for their new grads and they said no. But I will give them another call and see if I can somehow get the word out to their students. Thanks for all of the ideas everyone.

I've been a PA now for 29 years and have had . . . 9 different positions. All of them, except one, were cold contacts and networking with people I knew to create brand new positions. Only one was an advertised position (in the PA Journal) and it turned out to be the job from hell. So, I suggest you think of your perfect job and then try to create it from scratch with sweat and creativity.

agree with above. my favorite current per diem job I got by calling the hospital and suggesting they could use a pa 1 weekend/mo.

I had a prior relationship with the group that staffed the hospital so they took it seriously and made it happen.

Again, Craigslist.

only job that was openly posted I lasted 8 months at - was truly a job from H*** with horrible expecations, no supervision, dangerous ER!!!! some of the best jobs have been word of mouth - so ask around and you would be amazed what you come up with. I think most practices would hire a PA if given the choice (but most want to underpay you if you are cold calling them) so the trick if finding one that wants you, and is willing to pay.....

post it here!

• 5 months later...
The practice is located in Safford, AZ. It's about 2 1/2 hours from Phoenix. The office supports up to 3 providers with only one physician in there right now.

Well, what do you know- my wife is from Safford. Good quiet community. Her father is the Chief of Police Currently. I'd recommend it if you enjoy the quiet life. What office? Did you ever find a PA? I should also note that the location is 'underserved/rural' and would likely qualify for NHSC, correct?

Archived