Boston VS Manchester/Worcester

Hi everyone,

I'm researching PA programs and looking to finalize my list of places I'm applying. I'm currently a Senior at the University of Illinois in Champaign.

I wanted to know what the difference between the PA programs of MCPHS campuses are. I know that Boston is a 30mo program, while Manchester is 24 months. What are the main differences? Are their application deadlines the same?

Thanks!

Jona :=D:

Hi,

the manchester and worcester programs are the same. You can only apply to one of those. They share faculty and use distance learning. Manchester holds around 70% of the lectures while Worcester has 30% of them. This is a 24 month program. That being 12 months of didactic work and 12 months of clinical rotations at 5 weeks a piece. The Boston campus is seperate, although the same name (kind of a long story there). This is a 30 month program where the didactic portion is first broken up into 2 semesters for the first year instead of 12 months of continuous work. This program begins in September and you will graduate in May where the other two begin and end in January so your not flooding the job market. I interviewed at both the Boston and Manchester campus. I am still on the wait list for Boston and got into Manchester, which is where I will be attending in January. If you have any other questions feel free to shoot me a message. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Jared

• 3 weeks later...

Jared,

Thanks for getting back to me! So I don't understand the January start date for Manchester. I graduate from my undergrad in May 2012, so if I were to apply to Manchester this application cycle, then would I wait until January 2013 to begin?

Thank you!

• 6 months later...

Jared,

I know that you are well into your rotations now and life is very exciting and busy for you, but if you get this message, I would really appreciate your response.

I was just offered an interview to the Manchester site and have a good chance of getting in. What are your feelings about your quality of education, how MCPHS has treated you, and anything else you can tell me? I will be coming from the west and have never been to Manchester. Thank you and I hope to hear from you.

Dillon

Archived