Class of 2013...Please help those who are applying next year....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi my name is G. I just joined this forum. I am applying for the 2014 PA program that is starting next fall. Can anyone email with any helpful information please. If you have received any examples of other students that have been accepted (for ex. answered email from the first thread asking several questions, gpa, study material for entrance, etc.) please be kind and forward that to me.  Thank you very much and good luck to all applying!

--G

Gabe,

I will be applying for August as well. Kind of on short notice though. I was only aiming for FIU but I graduated from MDC with my ASN and I would be an idiot to not apply there for PA as well! SO I am gunna go for it! I knew some people from the last graduating class and besides the whole GPA thing really the thing they all had in common was their awesome attitude. Really awesome, humble, hard-working people. So as long as we show those good attributes to the faculty(that is, if we get an interview LOL) then I think we are good!

I've been reading these forums like a mad woman, and I noticed that you can get accepted with any degree. We just have to have an understanding and respect for the profession and some relevant HCE.

I haven't seen Jackie yet, maybe this week I will make an appt with her to fully understand what the requisites are. As far as my classes go I think I am done with that but idk if I have to write an essay, etc etc. I wonder if that book by Chung is the only thing we need for the entrance exam? :sadface: Good luck to us!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I am applying to the MDC PA program and wanted to know if anyone had suggestions on additional helpful information to add to the packet when turning it in. The staff at MDC Medical has been great. My close friend Suijin will be graduating from the MDC PA program in December. Her help has been remarkable. I welcome additional insights and recomendations from other students inorder for my dream to become a reality.

Thanks so much!

Blanca

• 2 months later...

If anyone has any specific answers that I can help with please let me know.  I am in the current class about to finish my first semester and I had tons of questions as I was preparing to apply for the program.  One of the best pieces of advice is that if you do well in your entrance exam and you do get an interview, you must prepare well for that!! One of the most important parts if not the most important part is the INTERVIEW!!! I heard a lot of people who got high 90's did not get into my class, and others with low 80's that are in my class.  Again INTERVIEW, INTERVIEW, INTERVIEW!!

As far as the entrance exam goes, they completely changed the program around.  The school is basing all emphasis on 'clinical based questions" Know your anatomy and physiology!!!! A lot of physiology!! Study the book that they recommend but don't get stuck on just memorizing the questions because there are not that many on the test!!

• 4 months later...

Archived