So stressed!!!

So I was terminated from a FQHC family medicine position mid march of this year without notice and for no concrete reasons. I had no idea it would be this incredibly hard to find another job in my area. I had a job all lined up and ready to work with temp work ability then my previous employer (the one who fired me) screwed that up. I am going on almost 4 months of no income coming in since being fired and still searching for jobs, how do people handle this? I am almost out of my savings paying for school loans, mortgage, ect for my family. I have been very open to opportunities in all fields even pain medicine and psych which I never wanted to work in. I have been having interviews about 3-4/month, only received 1 rejected letter so far but haven't heard from others. I just dont know what to do, how do you find a job fast let alone the credentialling process.

Any advice, job leads, ect would be greatly appreciated. I am in southern NJ with a NJ and PA license willing to consider jobs even in DE.

Thank you. I have contacted numerous recruiters however they do not have work in nj, PA or de.....all the work seems to be in the midwest. I just started being able to get unemployment and the may is $500 every 2 weeks this doesn't cover cobra let alone anything else. Thanks for the advice.

I don't understand how the employer that fired you messed up your temp job. Do you think they are bashing you when the places you have interviewed call to check your work experience? I am just wondering why you think you were fired and if your previous office has some agenda against you- that could make it hard to get a new job in your area....

Thanks everyone for the advice. I did my four years of loan repayment through NJ Loan repayment and that has helped for the long haul on loans, however I do have a $200/month loan payment trying not to defer unless absolutely have too. I appreciate all the advice!

Without knowing the specifics of your termination I would look into wrongful termination litigation. An employer does not have the right to terminate an employee without due cause and sufficient notice. Here is a good website the breaks down federal employee protection laws. I have never sued anyone in my life, but as an employee you have certain rights that are federally mandated.

http://wrongfultermination.com/

Depends on the state....in FL they are an "at will" state--employees can be discharged for no reason at all

Without knowing the specifics of your termination I would look into wrongful termination litigation. An employer does not have the right to terminate an employee without due cause and sufficient notice. Here is a good website the breaks down federal employee protection laws. I have never sued anyone in my life, but as an employee you have certain rights that are federally mandated.

http://wrongfultermination.com/

Archived