Is this a good/bad offer?

Guest Swennerb

Guest Swennerb

Alright I've been working for 2 years, w 1 year in plastics and have been trying to break into derm- I got this offer recently in writing, here it is in it's entirety. My question is- Is this a fair offer? There is nothing in there about relocation, which I don't know if I should ask for bc Derm is so hard to get into. There's nothing in there about CME, ...I doubt you need a DEA in Derm but nothing about that. And, nothing about a % of pay for the patients I see? And I'm sure there are other things I'm missing- but here it is:

Your starting rate will be set at $40.00/hr. *After the 90 day probationary period you will be allowed to purchase five pairs of scrubs, and this will . *After six months of work you will receive $120/month to use towards medical benefits. *After one year you will have accrued one week paid vacation, after two years you will have accrued two weeks paid vacation, and after three years you will have accrued three weeks paid vacation-this is the max amount of vacation that can be accrued. *

Initially you will be working my hours to train:

Monday: 8am-12:00pm

Tuesday: 8am-4:45pm

Wednesday: *8am-3:45pm

Thursday: 8am-5:45pm

Friday: 8am-4:45pm

Saturday: 8am-4:00pm

Once you are fully trained and your books open, you will be working mainly afternoons, evenings, and Saturdays.

horrible offer

derm should be productivity bonus/pay

full health insurance, 2k for CME, retirement benefit all included

run far far away

if you really want into derm join the derm PA group and I think there is a salary survey they do and you can present to prospective employers...

Guest Swennerb

Yep- these were my feelings as well but it's nice to have the confirmation from experienced people. I will counter her with a legit offer and if she says no- which I think she will then oh well. But thanks for the input....why do people make such bad offers?

Archived