Disagree with professional transcript entry?

I paid for it so I could focus on class and am in the process of verifying my classes.  There is a 7 credit course called Family and Patient Health and Well Being.  It is the nursing program semester one when I was enrolled in nursing school. Barring lab, this is the only class for the school I was attending.

On my transcript entry CASPA has entered it as "Health" in the subject line.  On contacting them explaining I didn't feel this represents the course well I was basically told "The word health is in the course title so it belongs in general health".

The reality is  NOT a general health course. It's 7 credits for starts. But the class is pharmacology, therapeutic communication, nursing diagnoses and a hands on patient care portion. I've not had a response back since e-mailing back stating I didn't feel "health" represented the course well.

Should I just leave it or push through on changing the subject matter to nursing? I feel like it is in no way describing the course with that one simple word and am afraid it will count against me.

Do I disagree with you using the service, yes. I can think of a million better things to spend your money on.

As for the discrepancy, who cares? You trusted them to put in your courses and they are using their experience. 

CASPA is surprisingly LAX about course entry. I had what I thought was a pretty complex issue (I took a class my sophomore year of college but did not get credit for it until 1.5 years later when I passed a national licensing exam). I called CASPA and was concerned with how they didn't think it was a big deal where I put the credits. I freaked out for a little bit, but no school ever questioned it. 

Will this likely impact your ability to get an interview.....no. I wouldn't stress about it. 

I agree. If its health or nursing or any of the other topics you mentioned, its still going into your "other science" GPA, so which one of those words gets picked means pretty much nothing to the schools you are applying to. The GPA subject is much more important than the course subject.

Archived