Class of 2018

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to get together before the first day! I'm not 100% sure yet when I'm moving up there, but at least the week before orientation. Any recommendations on areas to live would be awesome or if anyone is possibly interested in a roommate, let me know! Any suggestions are helpful, especially since I'm not from the area. Looking forward to meeting you all :)

I think there are some sketchy parts of Northeast Msp. Como/ Dinkytown is mostly U of M students, so sometimes there are parties going on. I had a friend that had her house broken into a few times. St. Paul is usually a fairly safe bet. I would avoid apartments near Marshall Ave though. The other areas are fine and close to several other college campuses. A lot of people like Uptown. I have never lived in that area. I have several friends that live in St.Louis Park and love it. Roseville is a nice area. The area around Snellilng Ave and University is sketchy, so try to avoid that. South and east of Como Lake "frogtown" not the best either. Some of my facts may be incorrect, but this what I thought when I lived in the cities a few years ago. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! After reading through this thread, I am even more excited to meet all of you come May/June. I currently go the the U and am in the hunt for housing next year also. I agree with past remarks about the Como neighborhood, however I think it is much less sketchy further down on Como near the Luther Seminary campus where we will be. St. Paul is also a great option for nice neighborhoods if you are looking for something close. Most houses are going to be 3-5 bedroom places and somewhat old (but cheap for Minneapolis!). 

Also the Facebook page sounds like a great idea :) 

Archived