CASPA grading scale vs Institutional grading scale

Hello all,

I went to an undergrad univ that has this scale:

A = outstanding = 4.0

B+ = intermediate = 3.5

B = good = 3.0

C+ = intermediate = 2.5

(here: http://registrar.camden.rutgers.edu/undergraduate_grading.html )

and so on...

When I listed the coursework, B+ automatically gets converted to 3.3 according to CASPA. And they said to write down the grade exactly as it appears on the transcript. My question is: do they convert B+ to 3.5 once they see an intermediate grading scale on the official transcript?

Hello all,

I went to an undergrad univ that has this scale:

A = outstanding = 4.0

B+ = intermediate = 3.5

B = good = 3.0

C+ = intermediate = 2.5

(here: http://registrar.camden.rutgers.edu/undergraduate_grading.html )

and so on...

When I listed the coursework, B+ automatically gets converted to 3.3 according to CASPA. And they said to write down the grade exactly as it appears on the transcript. My question is: do they convert B+ to 3.5 once they see an intermediate grading scale on the official transcript?

hmm...this is very interesting. i'd probably call CASPA and check. it's seems like your B+ at rutgers is really more equivalent to what CASPA's grading system calls an AB. i don't think it's fair that CASPA would only award you 3.3 grade points, since it's not a traditional plus/minus grading system

hopefully another rutgers grad or someone else with the same situation can chime in.

@caspagoddess08 thanks . I called them today and was told the same exact thing. It's really not fair to drop down to 3.3 from 4.0 for missing 1 point ( happened to me in sys phys class but it was 3 credits and i dont get credit for A&P 8 credits so i had to take A& P 1 and 2 again ... now i am glad that they wont consider my sys phys class) oh well my BCP still stays at 3.86 with B+ as 3.3 BUT my behavioral science drops down from 3.65 or so to 3.5 .. oh well...

PS thanks to whoever posted the excel file for gpa calc.. i had on my pc awhile back so i dont know who posted it... and i am invisible reader on this forum. It's a great resource. Thanks to all of you :)

@caspagoddess08 thanks . I called them today and was told the same exact thing. It's really not fair to drop down to 3.3 from 4.0 for missing 1 point ( happened to me in sys phys class but it was 3 credits and i dont get credit for A&P 8 credits so i had to take A& P 1 and 2 again ... now i am glad that they wont consider my sys phys class) oh well my BCP still stays at 3.86 with B+ as 3.3 BUT my behavioral science drops down from 3.65 or so to 3.5 .. oh well...

PS thanks to whoever posted the excel file for gpa calc.. i had on my pc awhile back so i dont know who posted it... and i am invisible reader on this forum. It's a great resource. Thanks to all of you :)

i have to agree with you...i think that's pretty unfair of CASPA, and it seems to be a flaw in the way they are standardizing grades IMHO :( but you're grades are still good though! so no worries :)

glad you were able to use that excel file...i made that a while back, but haven't updated it in a long time. let me know if it's accurate once you get your CASPA calcs so i can update it

Archived