2011-2012 Application Cycle for class of 2014

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow, you will do fine! Unfortunately we have an exam first thing in the morning* so you might not visit with any current PA students before your interview, but a few will be eating with you at lunch at least. Don't forget to smile and just be confident in yourself, even if you aren't really feeling it! ;)

*Gotta love how I always wind up on these forums the night before exams... alright, back to the grind...

Good luck to everyone interviewing! I may have met some of you today, and by the way it was very nice getting to talk to you guys! What a relief to be done right? In case anyone has any questions.. especially if you get accepted (hearing back by Friday.. wow!) and want to know more about the process to follow please PM me and I will send you my email. Once again, good luck and congrats on getting this far. As current students, we all know how hard you worked to get this point. I will be around on here.. so feel free to ask ANY questions.

- Sarah

Hi all- I thought I would share my thoughts of the interview process with you. At MWU everyone was very laid back and welcoming and quite good at making you feel as at ease as is possible. The campus is beautiful and facilities are new. I was most impressed by how focused the faculty seem to be on the success of the students. I know that the website says this, but sometimes I think it is more lip service. This is not one of those places. The students that I spoke with said the same- they love the faculty and feel very supported by everyone and are glad that they are at MWU. The one thing I would say, is eat breakfast before you go. My invite said that they would have breakfast, but it really was just coffee and pre-packaged muffins or granola bars. I didn't eat as I didn't want to waste what they provided, but then I didn't want to eat the snack foods offered. Other than that, it was a very nice visit and I look forward to hearing back from them! Good luck to everyone else interviewing at MWU- it will be a good experience!

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if it is too late to submit my CASPA for this school? It seems like most people already got their interview dates. Should I try to apply this year or should I just wait til next cycle and apply as early as possible? Pls let me know what you guys think. Thank you in advance!

ktran04- its for sure not too late to apply, besides the large class size of 90 i know of someone who was accepted off of a March interview session to MU. Dont give up :)

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if it is too late to submit my CASPA for this school? It seems like most people already got their interview dates. Should I try to apply this year or should I just wait til next cycle and apply as early as possible? Pls let me know what you guys think. Thank you in advance!

Hey guys, I was wondering where you looked on the portal to see what the verdict was, lol. I don't expect to see anything for a few more hours, but they did tell us that they planned to have it posted by the end of the day today. So, I log into the portal, and then go where? Or does it just show up on the first page? I have been clicking on the 'accepted student check list' page to see if the list would come up- I figured that if it did, it meant I was in. But there may be a better way? Thanks!

Hey guys, I was wondering where you looked on the portal to see what the verdict was, lol. I don't expect to see anything for a few more hours, but they did tell us that they planned to have it posted by the end of the day today. So, I log into the portal, and then go where? Or does it just show up on the first page? I have been clicking on the 'accepted student check list' page to see if the list would come up- I figured that if it did, it meant I was in. But there may be a better way? Thanks!

That's pretty much it. Or you could click on "matriculation payment." Same deal. Good luck!!

sigh.... guess they didn't get anything posted by today after all! This has to have been one of the longest days ever! Plus, an answer from MWU has a huge impact on what my travel/interview plans are for the end of this month, ie I don't want to book flights I don't need! Here's to waiting til next week! Did anyone else interview on Monday or any other day this week?

Congrats to those of you who were accepted! I asked today and heard MANY students were accepted from the 1st two interview dates. That is very exciting!

For those of you wondering about how to tell if you have been accepted.. All of your information may not be updated at this point. However, if you see a change such as "Accepted Student Checklist" or that a deposit is due, you have been accepted!

Generally admissions is pretty good at posting acceptances by the date they say they will post by. I think everyone who was accepted right away should have had a change in their portal status to accepted. If not, it can potentially mean that you were placed on a waitlist or denied. So you'll just have to cross your fingers and wait for the letter in the mail that should come about two weeks later. Never give up hope this early because many people do decide on another school; thereby opening up seats! Congrats to all those who go in and good luck to those who are still waiting for an interview! Like my fellow classmates, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me anytime.

sigh.... guess they didn't get anything posted by today after all! This has to have been one of the longest days ever! Plus, an answer from MWU has a huge impact on what my travel/interview plans are for the end of this month, ie I don't want to book flights I don't need! Here's to waiting til next week! Did anyone else interview on Monday or any other day this week?

I just received my letter in the mail notifying me that I was placed on the alternate list. Are the applicants who are placed on the alternate list reviewed after every interview date or when someone who was accepted withdraws their application? It says we could be selected anytime in the admissions cycle by telephone or email and have 72 hours to respond with acceptance or withdrawal. I obviously don't want to miss this notification if it comes, so is there a time of higher likelihood of contact where I should keep my phone on me at all times? Thanks!

I just received my letter in the mail notifying me that I was placed on the alternate list. Are the applicants who are placed on the alternate list reviewed after every interview date or when someone who was accepted withdraws their application? It says we could be selected anytime in the admissions cycle by telephone or email and have 72 hours to respond with acceptance or withdrawal. I obviously don't want to miss this notification if it comes, so is there a time of higher likelihood of contact where I should keep my phone on me at all times? Thanks!

Yes. Remember in the PowerPoint presentation, he mentioned that people who are on the alternate list are reviewed after every interview session. Therefore, it it's in your best interest to have interviewed early since you will be talked about that many more times.

I guess I'd recommend always having your phone then. :) I think their next dates are Oct 3, 4 and 31 if I recall correctly. So perhaps the Fridays after those dates would be best? But really, where would you be that you are without internet or phone for 3 days? Good luck! I hope you hear something soon.

Thank you l.a. lewis! And yeah, it wasn't so much that I thought I would be without my phone or internet for 3 days but that I would much prefer to answer the call as it came in rather than be notified through my voicemail. haha. I wasn't sure of when the upcoming interview dates were so I am grateful for your clarification. Fingers crossed!!

First time poster, but been lurking for awhile now...

I also found out that I was in last Thursday. I was also excited to find out that my interview partners either got in or wait-listed. I know some aren't fond of the group interview process, but I actually enjoyed it. I was fortunate to have an excellent group though!

Can't wait for June to get here!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived