Can the GRE make it or break it?

I wanted to update you all that I was invited to an interview. I made a GRE score of 960; Verbal-420, Quantitative 540. My cum GPA was 3.65 and science GPA was 3.60. In addition to this I have 5yrs experience as a radiation therapist.

Extracurricular activities include being a mentor for the Big Brother/Big Sister foundation, 30hrs of shadowing 2 different PAs, and volunteer work for church activities.

Although I strongly encourage everyone to score high on their GRE, do not lose hope and persevere if you don't. The GRE obviously did not break my chances. All I need to do now is show why I stand out above the other interviewees. Thanks again to everyone who responded in this thread. I hope in the future, other PA prospects will come upon this thread.

Best regards,

Khoi

can I ask where you applied and where you are interviewing.....

I wanted to update you all that I was invited to an interview. I made a GRE score of 960; Verbal-420, Quantitative 540. My cum GPA was 3.65 and science GPA was 3.60. In addition to this I have 5yrs experience as a radiation therapist.

Extracurricular activities include being a mentor for the Big Brother/Big Sister foundation, 30hrs of shadowing 2 different PAs, and volunteer work for church activities.

Although I strongly encourage everyone to score high on their GRE, do not lose hope and persevere if you don't. The GRE obviously did not break my chances. All I need to do now is show why I stand out above the other interviewees. Thanks again to everyone who responded in this thread. I hope in the future, other PA prospects will come upon this thread.

Best regards,

Khoi

I would like to second what Khoi has said. As mentioned earlier, last year I interviewed at UTSW with a 960 (560 math and 370 verbal). I retook the GRE this year and had minimal improvement with a 990 (600 math and 390 verbal). I am very fortunate and have been granted another interview at UTSW next month. So please do not lose hope.

Khoi, do you mind telling me what school you will be interviewing with?

lol yea I am not TOO anxious yet. Got an email on the 4th about my app being processed and I should have a login to the system by the 11th. My GRE scores were sent out mid/late July (even though my caspa was first mailing) so I may be a bit farther back in the review.

Hurry up and wait dammit! :P

congrats btw.

• 1 month later...

Archived