Change in PANCE/PANRE June 1st

From what i heard, 60 questions from past PANCE/PANRE were not compute in one's score. It was used to test the validity for future questionnaires. However, NCCPA has amass plenty of questions in their data bank and will not need new materials for a while. We will only be tested on actual graded questions. I will be taking mine tomorrow to capitalize on this change. Less test fatigue = better concentration.

That makes sense...I haven't started PA school yet but will start this coming August. Is there any advice you can give me before I begin? As in how to prepare for both the didactic and clinical portions of the program. Also how did you prepare for the PANCE...did you take any courses? Thanks

Congrats on starting this August, i know you are excited. I would recommend taking a small vacation and spend as much time as possible with your loved ones before school start. You will get plenty of chance to drown yourself in the work load once school begins. My best advice for the PANCE is to start study on day 1. Everything you learn can and may appear on the test. Focus on understanding the process more so than rote memorizing...although that may be helpful as well. I did not take any preparatory course but i'm sure they are very helpful. Best of luck to you

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to have to do my second PANRE in the next two years, and I ain't thrilled about it. The first one I was pretty confident for, but I've worked for the same GI practice since graduation, and that's 10 years now.

Luckily, I have great multiple-choice test-taking skills; I've often thought that I could make a pretty good dent on such a test on cape buffalo without prepairing and would make a pretty good dent on it. Nevertheless, a review course for my CME week next year is gonna be the way to go.

Archived