OHIO: University of Dayton

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Asabry8- I cannot really tell you what will be on the interview.  It's pretty standard for all interviews for PA schools.

Agatka15- They did not ask me about the forms in the interview. You only need those once you are accepted into the program.  The interview is 3 hours of interviews and writing.  I believe we were pretty well done before noon with the interview, but they have students walk you around and allow you to ask questions then.

Best of luck,

TJW2016

My interview was this last Friday (20th) and I want to say that is was really nice to meet everyone who was there :) There was about 15 people on the interview and you are divided into a group of 4 for a group activity. then you have your set of 3 one-on-one interviews and in between you have time to do your writing portion. At the end there is time to ask questions to both faculty and students and your get a tour of the facility. Both staff and students are very friendly and welcoming. I was nervous at first but everybody there made you feel really great. 

Good luck to all of you who are waiting for your interviews !!! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi all!

I'm new to applying. This is my first cycle.  I wanted to bring forward my stats and would like to hear some feedback as far as where I would stand. 

Graduation Date: April 2014

University: Oakland University (Rochester, MI)

Major: Bachelors of Health Sciences with concentration in Integrative Holistic Medicine

Pre-Req GPA: 3.6

Advanced Human Anatomy- 3.7

Anatomy Lab- 3.2

Advanced Human Physiology- 4.0

Physiology Lab- 3.7

Clinical Microbiology- 3.9

Microbiology Lab- 4.0

Organic Chemistry- 4.0

Organic Chemistry Lab- 3.9

Intro Psychology- 3.1

Developmental/ Lifespan Psychology- 3.7 

Statistics- 3.0

Medical Terminology- 3.4

Overal CASPA GPA: 3.12

Patient Contact Hours: 3,900 (paid, Certified Nursing Assistant)

Healthcare Experience: Dental Office Manager, Care Management Administration

Shadowing Hours: ~70 (Trauma, Surgical Service, Rapid Response, and Neurology) 

Letters of Reccomendation: 1 from Neurology PA (I work with her on my hospital unit), 1 from a Derm/GI PA (I volunteered at her clinic in Chicago), 1 from my unit manager, and 1 from a professor (professor for my biochem/pathology courses, conducts breast cancer research at OU). 

Extra Curricular:

Pre-PA Society, Vice President (Oakland University)

Keep Detroit Beautiful, Brand Ambassador (Detroit, MI) 

Gamma Phi Beta Sorority, Executive Board Member, Volunteer Coordinator

Gamma Phi Beta, Recruitment/ Chapter Advisor (Beta Chapter- University of Michigan) 

GRE: Not required for this program. 

Any recommendations for me? I am currently taking a few courses just to keep up with my studies. I currently work at the hospital, volunteer, and am prepping for a mission trip in December. 

******ALSO: Where can I find the supplemental app? I've searched EVERYWHERE on the program site! When I start a grad app, it doesn't list an option to apply to the PA program.

Please feel free to give me any tough love!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived