2015-2016 Application cycle

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, All. I'm also interviewing on the 15th. Submitted my app late September and was complete (waited on a reference) in late October. Don't give up hope, yet Thejumper. I only just received my invite, and it appears people who had interviews in November still haven't received word on acceptance. Has anyone been accepted yet? Good luck to us all!  ~ Alicia

Hi all,

I am currently a student attending the PA program at Mercy College. For all the people that have attended an interview and have received an invite congratulations!!! I wish you all the best of luck. So if the process is the same as last year no one will get an acceptance letter until the final group or the second to last group all get interviewed. The reason why they did this the previous year was so everyone getting interviewed can get a fair chance. For the people that have the interviews coming up just be yourself you are applying to the program because you have a love for medicine and make that apparent. Just be yourself, relax and know that of thousands of applicants you were chosen to get interviewed! Now have the interviewers see what they saw on your application. Bring that application to life! Best of Luck! This is an amazing program that is extremely demanding but worth everything! 

I believe I got there around 8:30 and was there until 2:45pm. It was pretty long but you're not being interviewed the whole time, they call groups to interview at times and if you're not that group you stay in the classroom with the everyone else and talk to current Mercy PA students. It was great getting to talk with the current students and getting to ask them questions about their experiences thus far and about the program.

Hey all,

Did anyone receive an email saying they were missing 250 hours of clinical experience? I have many hours as a medical assistant so I am confused as to why they emailed me this...if anyone else got this email can you please tell me how it was resolved??

I also have medical assistant experience and received the same email a few weeks ago. I think they do that to see if you are still working. I just clarified what my duties are as a medical assistant and that i am still working and have accumulated x amount of hours. I got an email a few days later for an interview invite on 01/15/2016. GoodLuck!

As far as the interview goes, i know we have to write an essay the day of the interview. For anyone who has already interviewed is it an ethical, personal or clinical based essay? I'm just trying to be as prepared as possible. 

Thank You =]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived