Ortho Trauma Opportunity - Pensacola, Florida

My name is Taylor Stone and I'm an in-house physician recruiter for The Andrews Institute for Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine and Baptist Health Care. 

If you or someone you know is interested in an Ortho Trauma PA position located in Pensacola, FL, please feel free to reach out to me.   I've provided more information about this opportunity below.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ortho Trauma Physician Assistant 

Pensacola, Florida

We are recruiting a third Orthopaedic Trauma Physician Assistant to join the team of Baptist Medical Group - Orthopaedic Trauma, based at Baptist Hospital, a 492-bed Level II Trauma facility that boasts twelve brand-new fully digital ORs and a new 45 bed pre and post-surgery unit. Two daVinci robots provide our surgeons with superb access to advanced surgical technologies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Come practice alongside experienced Orthopaedic Traumatologist Dr. Leslie Barnes Remski at Baptist Hospital, a 492-bed Level II trauma center in historic downtown Pensacola. The Ortho Trauma team is a very established group of experienced providers that have served the community for years.   

• Affiliated with the Andrews Institute for Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine, our regional approach to fracture care provides a robust case mix for the practice which further enhances our abilities to provide cutting-edge capabilities and a very high-quality experience for our patients. 
  • Experience manageable call structure
  • Located conveniently near all of the necessary outpatient services of Baptist Hospital including lab, imaging, etc. and is steps away from our inpatient ORs and nursing units.
  • Practice with pride – come join the team at Baptist Medical Group, the elite multispecialty physician network of Baptist Health Care, and the Andrews Institute - world renowned for providing superior care across the breadth of orthopaedics.

The Andrews Institute for Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine:

• Directed by Dr. James Andrews
  • Owned and operated by Baptist Health Care and built in 2007
  • Provides world-class orthopaedic care to patients of all backgrounds and professions
  • Orthopaedic Trauma program is an extension of the Andrews Institute

Baptist Health Care:

• BHC is a non-profit, community-based health care system in Pensacola since 1951
  • BHC is one of only two hospitals in the nation to ever receive the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, which is the gold standard of quality and service excellence for any American organization. President George W. Bush awarded BHC with the Baldrige Award in 2004.

PURPOSE OF THE JOB:

The Physician Assistant provides a comprehensive health assessment and evaluation for patients in the clinic under the supervision of the Medical Director or works with physician in a surgical capacity in the operating room. Provides health care services to patients in a under direction and responsibility of Physician including assessing, diagnosing, prescribing, treating, and educating patients. Works closely with physicians and other clinicians in a team approach to patient care. May specialize in a specific type of clinical care, e.g., geriatrics. Orders and interprets appropriate tests i.e. labs, EKG, and Xrays under Physician supervision.

The person in this position works under general supervision, is responsible for various shifts, may be subject to over 40 hours per week and/or callback as required, and may also be required to remain on campus immediately before, during, and after severe weather and/or disasters.

JOB REQUIREMENTS:

• Bachelors required; Masters in Physician Assistant Studies, Health Science or Medical Science required. Successful completion of physician assistant training and certification as a physician assistant (general or specialized) from an approved physician assistant program.
  • Clinical adult PA or relevant experience in developing and running patient care programs, 2+ years experience preferred
  • Current PA License in the State of Florida required
  • Certified as National Commissioned Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) required
  • BLS and ACLS required
  • Knowledge of advanced practice including anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology and therapeutics, basic nutrition, behavioral factors, psychosocial/family systems, diagnostic testing, interpretation of results and clinical decision making, alternative treatment modalities. 

Please contact Taylor Stone for more information about this position!

Taylor Stone

Physician Recruiter

Phone: 850.434.4817

Taylor.stone@bhcpns.org

Just a comment -----

If one more admin type person uses the phrase "reach out to me" -- I am likely to blow a vessel.

HATE that phrase. Just can't stand it.

It makes me want to reach out in a reactionary way.

How about the tried and true - Contact me?

Sorry - had it up to here with cute business phrases and tag lines........

My very old 2 cents

Archived