Obtaining prescription meds( and the end of the world-emedpa!)

Contrarian

The purpose of a PM is to eliminate the audience, and one on one leads to a less argumentative discussion. I had my references ready to send you backing up the legalities in my original response to the OP.

The name and state goes to credibility. There are a lot of paranoid wanna bees, with little man syndrome who dress up to play the part but hide behind annominity. I suppose you could call it annominity vs. unaccountability. There are also people who troll for flames. And then people who are susceptible to flames overreact and begin name calling and cause flames to grow up and be big 'ol fires. I agree with the birthday and SS# though.

I doubt the OP wanted to know about your arsenal and should not have been brought up. If law enforcement wanted to find you from an internet post, I doubt it would be much of a challenge, even without you name and state.

Is this what you mean? http://www.heartsofourtroops.com/opsec_rules2.htm You post times indicate the west coast. Your PA job indicates a larger rather than smaller city as there is much less need for a PA in drug rehab in smaller cities. Most likely California. If you were concerned about privacy, you should have kept the over-the-top post about your survival armory private. Body armor implies a gunfight. Sounds more offensive than defensive in purpose. Who are you planning to shoot? Got any full auto? Got any RPGs or perimeter mines to keep out undesirables? What if someone else is already at your secret spot, you going to blast them out? In California, magazine that holds over 10 rounds are illegal. Got any of those? BATFE (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives) might be interested. How you acquired your stash with a history of working in Afghanistan could be grounds for a search warrant as well.

By in the field, the discourse was about the USA as a Certified Paramedic, not just driving the truck. Typically Paramedics have all their supplies in an oversized Planno tackle box, not some field hospital in Afghanistan with crates of supplies. Have you ever started an IV on a hypovolemic patient in the dark with only a penlite in your mouth? Started one in the back of a moving vehicle? Had the line of your TKO IV of D5 freeze solid at the scene? I and my co-workers did. Lose all the crates of supplies to what you can carry.

A couple of things I have learned: There were, at some point in the past, joint PA/NP programs. Early in my career, the NP program was offered in some states as a one year add-on to an RN with experience, even an associate degree nurse. A diving buddy of mine was one of these. They were allowed to challenge the PANCE and if passed, call themselves PAs. I have learned that you are not one of these. Some early PAs were “office trained” with no formal education. The PANCE was not needed as they were PAs before there was a PANCE and are grandfather to the trade.

Another personal observation: It seems most all high achievers have opinionated and strong personal views and hate to be called out. I’m not sure I’m necessarily a high achiever but do have the strong personal views and need to be pimped by others, even if I’m not fond of the practice. The good practitioners take it in stride. It is a learning experience, unless you know it all.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can vouch that contrarian is a real pa and has done what he said and been where he says. we have spoken on the phone before and I have reviewed his CV and references.

with a bit of review on this site you could discover that he did attend a quality pa program.

Hello, all,

Not a PA, but just a thought on getting the meds suggested.

Mexico does not require a prescription to get a lot of antibiotics, etc. Anytime I am on vacation in Mexico (or know someone who is) I try to pick up some antibiotics. Although I heard through the grapevine that Mexico might be tightening up a bit, since everybody down there seems to have a bottle of TMP/SMX in their bathroom to just "take a few" if they feel a cold coming on.

Oldiebutgoodie

Back to the original topic about meds to keep on hand, what about:

- some D50 and/or glucagon

- benadryl: PO and/or IV

- duoneb inhalers

- narcan (though you'd probably know if your family members were already on opiates)

- ASA

- topical antibiotics

Plus having your family members have a 30 day backup supply of all of their Rx's.

A gallon of chlorine bleach and a spare full propane cylinder for your gas grill are both low cost and prepare you for alot.

A gallon of chlorine bleach and a spare full propane cylinder for your gas grill are both low cost and prepare you for alot.

This..!!!

Yep... a few drops of bleach goes a loooooong way.

I've used it to make semi-potable water out of turbid tuff before, but if you wanna downsize it a bit you could store jucuzzi chlorine powder or tabs.

YMMV

Contrarian

I'm in a similar situation on a lesser degree and like "C" I realize that no one will take care of you better, than you take care of yourself. Does anyone recall the Boy Scout motto? BE PREPARED.I'll be motoring by the nay sayers stranded by the side of the road in a convoy with the likes of "C" and EMEDPA.

Anyone considered Dwellings...???

2 eASY OPTIONS...

1.) Grain Bins (Silos)

This one is particularly fancy... but if you are going to put on on a "off the grid" property, it doesn't have to be.

recycled-silo-house-design.jpg

See interior of this home Here

Also See Here

2.) Surplus Shipping Containers

You can get used Shipping Containers for about $900-1500 each.

2-4 containers will make a GREAT dwelling.

container+007.JPG

See blog Here

Another blog Here

YMMV

Contrarian

Archived