Stony Brook for Pre-PA

Hey everyone! Thinking a liiiitle far in advance here. I'm currently beginning to apply for colleges and my top two right now are Notre Dame and Stony Brook. I'd love to go to ND because I'm from Long Island and have dreamed of getting away from here. But I've heard that Stony accepts undergrads from them into their PA program more frequently than those from other schools, especially from outside NY. Since I am a native Long Islander, do you think I'd still have that NY res hook and could get into SBU for PA just as easily if I went to ND? Or is my best bet to go to SBU for undergrad and then apply to their PA program and increase my chance of acceptance? Thanks for the help!

Hey there,

Go to whatever university/college you will be successful at. Earn good grades, rack up HCE, community service/volunteer hours, shadowing hours, and write a killer PS. Then apply to PA school. 

This... and keep your undergraduate debt as low as possible, PA school can be expensive too. 

I can't comment on SBU and their admissions practices, but know things can change over the 4 years you are in college. It's good to have SBU as a goal, but there are a ton of great programs in this country. They also might give you an excuse to move further from home if you end up staying local initially. 

Archived