Sign in to follow this  
Typophsyco

2015-2016 October Interviews!

You have any other interviews? I applied to touro and hofstra as well but haven't heard back unfortunately. I submitted early may too and others have gotten interviewed there already. Sucks.

Just gotta keep pushing forward.

So I made the possible mistake of calling up the school to ask about waitlist statuses (if they rank it, etc) and kind of irritated the staff because I'm (we're?) misusing the terminology.

Those of us who have not heard yet are not on a waitlist. We're just "on hold."

I wouldn't worry about it! Unless they wanted your name and caspa ID lol

They did ask for my name when they answered the phone. I hope I didn't just blow it.

Never mind guys, I was accepted!

Did they call you or did you call and find out?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm applying for this upcoming cycle and have been reading the threads lately. I was just wondering what your experiences have been interviewing? What did you find challenging? What were they interested in learning about you? What did they expect you to know about the PA profession?

Thanks,

Hi, I'm applying for this upcoming cycle and have been reading the threads lately. I was just wondering what your experiences have been interviewing? What did you find challenging? What were they interested in learning about you? What did they expect you to know about the PA profession?

Thanks,

Good luck on your application! This school is just the coolest around (of course that's what I think.)

I had a great experience interviewing. I really didn't get the feeling that I was being challenged at all. They were just interested in learning about us in greater detail, especially personally. There were no curve-balls, everyone was warm and friendly. I don't think there are any wrong answers, just be yourself. 

If you're looking to practice or something, I just kind of made sure I was ready for the standard questions that you can find just by googling. This didn't really "prepare" me, per se, but it helped me FEEL prepared. Confidence in being you is key!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By TheHopeful
      Hi everyone!

Would those of you who have completed MMI style interviews please share your experience?
      Any advice or preparation recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

I have been watching YouTube videos of scenarios and have, of course, printed off a long list of MMI examples and have been practicing with those!

Thank you!!
    • By 1dayaPA321
      Does anyone know where I can find a nice portfolio book to bring to an interview. On the interviews I went on so far and it seems like 90% of the interviewees had a nice looking portfolio book, some with a pad of lined paper inside to take notes. I have some future interviews and I'd like to buy something like this to bring my resume and other papers in and have lined paper inside to take notes on. Thanks!
    • By rfinch
      Hey everyone,
      First off, let me say that I'm a first-time applicant to PA schools, and in this particular post, I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. Perhaps, I need to commiserate with others in similar positions, find a bit of consolation, and maybe even get a bit of advice about reapplying during next year's cycle.
      When I submitted my first applications in late August I knew that I was applying late in the cycle, but at the time I was naive enough to believe that I could land a few interviews. To give you some background, I have a 3.98 overall GPA, a 4.0 science GPA, an M.A. in Cultural Anthropology, lots of volunteer experience working with refugees, homeless populations, and intravenous drug users, about 2100 hours of HCE as an EMT in a 911 system, and GRE scores as follows: 151 Quant, 164 Verbal, 4.5 Analytical. I applied so late in the cycle namely because I wasn't sure I would be able to take my GRE this summer, however, I was ultimately able to schedule it for mid-August and as soon as my prospective programs received my scores I submitted all of my apps.
      Since then, I have anxiously watched my email for interview invites and combed through the forums pertaining to my programs. Perhaps the wait is just getting to me, but I know that some of these programs are finishing up their interview cycles in the next month and a half and I'm starting to worry a bit. Thus far, I have only received one interview at a top-tier school and was placed pretty far down on the waitlist, but I have yet to hear from any of the other 6 programs I applied to. I think that I'm a decent candidate, but perhaps that's overly presumptuous.
      All I can think is that I applied entirely too late in the application cycle.  Given that, I'm also not sure what I can do to strengthen my application other than applying earlier next year. I mean, I do plan to continue taking more upper division courses over the next 9 months, logging more HCE hours, and even shadowing a few new PAs, but as I stated earlier, I thought I was a fairly decent candidate already (there's that ego again). Additionally, I'm not quite sure how to reapproach my essays for the next cycle since I've more or less already mined the narrative gold out of my previous experiences for my CASPA and supplemental application essays this year.
      Like I said, I'm not really sure what I'm looking for in this post, but I think that there are probably others like myself out there who are going through the same anxiety-provoking experience and perhaps simply connecting with one another can alleviate some of the worry and self-doubt. With that being said, if you have any advice or words of wisdom I would love to hear them. Thanks!
    • By leb64
      Hi all,
      I'm currently in the interview process, and I'm somewhat confused about how to manage acceptances (should they come...). My first interview is in a week, the next one is in 2 weeks, and a top choice program, which I haven't heard back from yet, doesn't start interviews until late-October. (Still waiting to hear from a few more programs, too.)
      So, do prospective PA students in this position just make deposits as necessary to hold places in programs they're interested in as acceptances come in, if they're still waiting to hear back from their first or second choices? Is it really disrespectful to accept an offer from a program, make the deposit, and then change your mind, or is this just an expected part of the process? If I'm offered an October interview for that top choice program, I could theoretically end up paying deposits to 3 separate programs, which seems absurd... Granted, the chances I'd actually get 3 acceptances are probably low, but even 2 would be tricky.
      What am I missing? 
      Thank you :)

• By fightingirish16
      Anyone else receive an interview for June 21st?? I got a call today and was offered an interview for next week on June 7th, but I'm not prepared at all so I decided to go with the 21st! I have to plan travel as well since I'm coming from the DC area.

Supplemental received 05/11
      CASPA app sent in 05/15
      Interview invite 05/31

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More