2015-2016 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did anyone go to the graduate open house last Friday?  I got a pamphlet in the mail but it didn't come until the day of the open house for some reason so I missed it.  But I was just wondering if anyone went and if it was useful!  I may try to email them and get some more information or see if they are having any other open houses.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone go to the graduate open house last Friday?  I got a pamphlet in the mail but it didn't come until the day of the open house for some reason so I missed it.  But I was just wondering if anyone went and if it was useful!  I may try to email them and get some more information or see if they are having any other open houses.

I did not and didn't even know there was an open house..... I did get an email today telling me that all applicants are verified and are under review.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I haven't received any correspondence from this program? Does anyone have any updates or further information? Thanks for any information in advance! Wishing everyone the best this year!

I've been a bit confused by this program as well as they, and the forum too, have been super quiet. But I recently read the 2014-2015 cycle's forum and the info being passed in there was quite telling of the nature of this program. I don't know if much has changed since that cycle with the way the program is. The program's website does not have a lot of info either, which doesn't really help. The only correspondence that probably many of the caspa applicants received is this generic email, which goes like this:

"Dear CASPA Applicants:

Thank you for your interest in St. John’s University Physician Assistant Program.  We have received notification from  CASPA that your application has been verified. 

At this time all verified applications are under review.

Thank You

Trudy Simone

St. John’s University

Physician Assistant Program"

Did you get one too?

It would be great if anyone else has any updates about what's going on with this program so we can all close the loop! 

Hi guys-- I emailed the main office just to ask a few questions and try to get some idea of a timeline, since we haven't been getting much information from past application forums.  It seems that they won't even be tapping people for interviews until late Feb/ early March based on this email that I got. Also, I inquired if they will be switching over to a Master's program, and it seems like they will be eventually, but probably not this year.  Hope this can be a little bit of help to everyone:  

The applications  are still under reviewed by the Admissions Committee.  The committee is hoping to be complete by the end of February.  We will be transitioning over to a Master’s program but the date has not been announced as yet.  

• 1 month later...

HI Guys,

I am new but wanted to pass along this info... I called the school today and was told " Rejection or interview invitation Letters went out Monday and Tuesday (March 8th or 9th)." Hope this helps. Good luck to everyone who applied... I am waiting with my fingers crossed. For me I am not sure how this will go. I had a good GPA but was lacking in the variety of chemistry classes, I am an LPN with research experience and lots of patient contact hours... not sure what they will be looking for hopefully it is enough to get me the interview but who knows... I wish everyone all the best in their endeavors.

Danielle   

• 4 months later...

Quick question to those who applied to St. John's Program before  -  this year it does not use CASPA, it has an individual application. However, when you applied, did you have to complete your bachelor degree before applying or before the application deadline? Because this year it is stating complete degree before deadline, so I am confused with that. Because i graduate May 2017 and I would like to apply.

Archived