Atlantic City

VJN-

I came across your message while trying to reply to another applicant so I figured I would reply.  I am one of the 21 students at the Atlantic City campus.  This is the first year that the program is in this location so there plenty of adjustments being worked out as we settle in.  With that said, there may be significant changes between this year and next.  Our faculty is made up of 3 full time faculty and adjunts/guest lecturers who you might only see a few times per semester and they are all experts in their field. Like any educational experience, some have teaching styles that you connect with while others don't .  Our class is small so students have the opportunity to get clarification both during lectures and afterwards.  Classes with 50+ students can't really accomodate that individual attention.  We are currently located at the Carnegie Center which is owned by Stockton University.  The program website should have a link with some pictures so you can get a feel for it. 

Our rotation schedule does not get decided for some time but we are in the same selection pool as the other campus so whatever was said at your interview will hold true for this campus as well.  The reason they decided to put the program in South Jersey was the large number of roations already established in the general area so I expect each student will remain in the area for at least some of their 5-week rotations.  PhilaU is not focused on keeping students in rotations just in their state or region like some schools do so there are a number of opportunities across the country. There are also international global medical brigade trips that occur each year.  Very exciting stuff. 

Hope this helps!  

Rachel 

VJN-

I came across your message while trying to reply to another applicant so I figured I would reply.  I am one of the 21 students at the Atlantic City campus.  This is the first year that the program is in this location so there plenty of adjustments being worked out as we settle in.  With that said, there may be significant changes between this year and next.  Our faculty is made up of 3 full time faculty and adjunts/guest lecturers who you might only see a few times per semester and they are all experts in their field. Like any educational experience, some have teaching styles that you connect with while others don't .  Our class is small so students have the opportunity to get clarification both during lectures and afterwards.  Classes with 50+ students can't really accomodate that individual attention.  We are currently located at the Carnegie Center which is owned by Stockton University.  The program website should have a link with some pictures so you can get a feel for it. 

Our rotation schedule does not get decided for some time but we are in the same selection pool as the other campus so whatever was said at your interview will hold true for this campus as well.  The reason they decided to put the program in South Jersey was the large number of roations already established in the general area so I expect each student will remain in the area for at least some of their 5-week rotations.  PhilaU is not focused on keeping students in rotations just in their state or region like some schools do so there are a number of opportunities across the country. There are also international global medical brigade trips that occur each year.  Very exciting stuff. 

Hope this helps!  

Rachel

thanks for sharing. please can u tell me if you have campus housing and how much it cost?

Hello,

Can anyone from the Atlantic City campus please share their experience. How are your classes and where are your clinical rotations this year? Thank you.

We haven't had any clinical rotations yet-this is the AC campus's first year and we are in our didactic year right now.

They do not have housing as we are not technically on a college campus.  There might be an option with Stockon U housing but we didn't know about that until after we all had places to live.  We found apartments/townhouses in a variety of places in the area (if not staying with family). Some people live in AC, Margate/Ventnor, Brigantine, Absecond, Galloway, and May's Landing.

RachelG,

What type of significant changes?

Our location is temporary and sort of retrofitted for our needs.  Stockton U (a really nice campus, BTW) is building a space that will eventually be dedicated to the program.  Also, since many of our professors are adjuncts, they are hired per semester/year contract so as their situations change with other jobs and life in general, some might not be back.  Typical things for any new school.

Best of luck to those waiting to hear back and congrats to those that have been accepted!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived