MASSACHUSETTS: Boston University 2015-2016 Cycle

Guest Brookline15

I'm also still deciding. I thought I was only going to be accepted to one pa program in my top list, but I got into two. For those also considering BU or students from BU PA, what attracted you to the program? What do you think BU has that other programs don't?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm also still deciding. I thought I was only going to be accepted to one pa program in my top list, but I got into two. For those also considering BU or students from BU PA, what attracted you to the program? What do you think BU has that other programs don't?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the same situation. I got into Drexel which was also at the top of my list. While i'm still deciding, I do feel drawn to BU. BU is a very unique program attached to a very well-respected medical school. Essentially we will be receiving that same education as the BU medical students which is an unparalleled feature of the program.Not to mention our rotations are being set up at some of the best hospitals in the WORLD. I also like that there are 4 elective rotations, which is a lot more than most programs. I like their grading system and remediation system as well. The fact that the program starts early in April is both a plus and minus for me. I have to break lease on my current apartment to attend, however I will be getting out a whole year earlier than a lot of programs. Overall though I just had a great experience at BU. I really liked that the candidates chosen for interview were very diverse, especially in age, where a lot of programs I just saw a ton of very young ladies. It was one of the only programs I interviewed at that I truly felt invested in the person instead of the candidate on paper (Drexel did too!)

Its really tough. Drexel is just an hour away from me now. Great, well established program with an impeccable reputation. Tough decisions ahead.

Archived