TOURO Bayshore Campus (2015-2016)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How'd your interview go today Jenna? I had mine today too

I thought that it went very well, I liked the orientation with the director he made me feel more at ease. The 2 men I met with were actually very different, one was more intimidating and tough and the other was more approachable. I think they got a chance to see who I am though so overall I'm happy with the experience. How did yours go?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Anyone who interviewed, please be kind enough to share your experience?

Our interview group had 25 applicants and we were brought into a room for the director of the program to speak with us about the program and the expectations that come with it. Ms. Christie and another woman called about 2 people at a time and each individual was led into a room where they were interviewed by 2 members either of the faculty or current PA students or graduates. You'll also have to write a short statement at the end. I would plan to be there for a few hours, personally I was there until 4pm and the interview was scheduled for 1:30. Best of luck!

I thought the interview went well today too. I interviewed with the program director and another faculty member. Both were extremely nice, it was more of a get to know you session. I felt like they did most of the talking? Lol

Lol I felt the same way, at some points I wanted to say more but they started talking again. I'm happy to hear it went well for you. Now just to anxiously wait for another few weeks...

I was told I will have an interview towards the end of March. I'm currently accepted into Manhattan. There are so many pros and cons between that and Bayshore so it's a tough decision. Commute, stress/work load, rotation sites (Manhattan being a superior choice for rotations IMO), etc.

As of now though I'm getting ahead of myself. Who's to say I even get into Bayshore?

That's great to hear DarkMario. As far as the pros and cons, I would say that no matter which program you accept, it will be extremely stressful. That being said, the commute is something to consider given the cost, depending on where you will live while in the program. Also, Manhattan is 32 months whereas Bay Shore is 24. Good luck!

Interview at Bayshore on 3/16. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Get there early, be yourself, have a genuine and original answer for why you want to be a PA. Also know what you wrote in your personal statement because chances are they'll bring something up that you wrote. The questions are straight forward and the process is laid back, they really want to have a conversation with you to get to know you. Good luck!

Archived