trailrunr88

Touro Manhattan Application Cycle 2015/2016

A great resource for interview questions is the book "Getting Into The Physician Assistant School of Your Choice" by Andrew J. Rodican.  

And yes, there is a writing sample.

Thanks for the info!

Did they tell you how many spots are available? Or how many interview sessions there will be?

Thanks!

Did anyone start a Facebook group yet so those accepted only can join? If yea please post the link here ?

"Touro Manhattan Physician Assistant Program Class of 2019" works :)

Did anyone start a Facebook group yet so those accepted only can join? If yea please post the link here ?

Can you give some details about your interview? Also what the writing was about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any writing or anything like that?

There was only 1 question for the writing portion and the space given to answer it was for a couple of sentences, no more than a paragraph. I don't quite remember what was asked but I think it had to do with the different medical roles and how we work together. 

Just study all the basic pa questions in the books and websites and you should be fine! Be yourself and be open and engaging they are looking for personalities!! Good luck everyone!

To anyone that has received an interview within the past week - what month did you submit you application? I'm just curious where they are in the reviewing process. I submitted in December, got a confirmation email on 12/29.

Thank You 

To anyone that has received an interview within the past week - what month did you submit you application? I'm just curious where they are in the reviewing process. I submitted in December, got a confirmation email on 12/29.

Thank You 

I submitted my application during the first week of December and got an email on 12/23 that my application is complete and submitted for formal review. I got my interview invitation within the last week. 

• Upvote 1

Thank You 

I submitted my application October 12th. Received an email that my application was "submitted for formal review" on December 29th. Received the interview invite on Friday, January 8th. Hope this helps! Good luck :)

Is the interview process all 1 on 1 interviews? If so, how many? and was there any writing involved prior to the interviews? How long is the interview process typically? 

i still haven't heard anything from either Manhattan or Bay Shore. I sent my application late December! Does anyone know if they are still sending invites?

Interviews are one on one with 4 to 5 people. You also meet in a group with several students. There is a writing portion with multiple choice.

It seems like a great school choice and the faculty is easy to talk to. As mentioned above its only a 10 minute easy walk from Penn Station.