RFUMS Accepted Class of 2018

Kathrun55, I believe so! Of the other programs I have been accepted to so far this is my number one choice. There is only one program that I am still waiting for that might possibly change my mind but at the moment this is my number one! Every time I've been to Rosalind I have felt really at home and liked everything about it. Is this where you think you will for sure be?

Rosalind really has an awesome atmosphere! I turned down a few interviews at schools I interviewed at last year (2nd year applicant:) ) because I did not feel as impressed with those programs as I am with Rosalind, but I am also waiting to hear back from one school. I would have to be really blown away to turn down my seat though. So yeah I'm pretty sure this is where I'll be! Very excited!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys I have my interview coming up soon and I had 2 questions:

1) My interview is from 11am till like 4pm. Is there any downtime during the day or are you busy with interview, tours, etc. the entire time?

2) Do you guys recommend anything to prep for the interview. I know you can't talk about the contents on the interview, I'd just like to know if there's anything I can do to prepare.

Thanks.

Hey Sabsaf123!

The interview day was very relaxed, but busy. You get the usual tour, there is a presentation about the program, and then the MMI interviews. There was also Q&A with students which was very beneficial. They had snacks and stuff when I interviewed back in August and they gave you plenty of opportunities for bathroom breaks, but there wasn't really any downtime which for me was good. Other than that I would say be yourself, know why you want to be a PA, and have fun with the interview! Good luck!

Hey Sabsaf123!

The interview day was very relaxed, but busy. You get the usual tour, there is a presentation about the program, and then the MMI interviews. There was also Q&A with students which was very beneficial. They had snacks and stuff when I interviewed back in August and they gave you plenty of opportunities for bathroom breaks, but there wasn't really any downtime which for me was good. Other than that I would say be yourself, know why you want to be a PA, and have fun with the interview! Good luck!

Great thanks so much! Just one last question. Does the interview go till the exact time on the emailed schedule or do we get out earlier? From my other interviews schools often say that the interview goes till 5 but it was pretty common for me to be finished 45mins early. Is this the case at RFU? Thanks!

Hey,

We did not finish early if I remember correctly. If anything it was maybe 15 minutes early, but then again I was in the first group of interviews so maybe they have adjusted the schedule since then and it depends on the amount of questions asked in the wrap up session. I didn't feel like any part of the day dragged on though, but I distinctly remember my gps re-routing me around rush hour traffic on my way home haha. Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Good morning all!

Who is going to the RFUMS Accepted Student Event? I would really like to go if I can get permission to take the time off (coming from Atlanta, GA) and scrape together the $ to get myself up there. A few questions to current students:

1) Is the entire weekend open to family as well? It looks like the Welcome Reception is only open to the accepted student themselves (plus the staff, faculty and current students)?

2) From current students perspective: How essential was this event? Are there other events between now and start date if I am unable to make it this time?

Thanks for your time and feedback!

Hello jstree2, and welcome to the admitted class :)

We are having an "Accepted Student Visit Event" next friday and saturday on campus. This doesn't seem to be a formal orientation but a chance to bring our friends and family to the program and learn a little bit more, meet people, and get help with financial aid. I'm sure if you emailed them they can include you in the invite.

The "official" orientation I have no idea about- I would like to know too!

You'll get a follow up email in a few weeks that will say that orientation is the week prior on Thursday May 26th and Friday May 27th. There is also a second look day coming up, but I'm not sure if they will host another one for applicants accepted later. I would think so. Hope this helps:)

Also, sorry for any repeat info. My phone doesn't load comments half the time

Archived